WERE IS FiFi ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WERE IS FiFi ???

Hello all is there any up date on the B29 FiFi havent herd anything in a long time,did thay get approved for the engine mods need good cores more than likely thay still need a boat load of cash,Any clue would be nice thanks all

Re: WERE IS FiFi ???

cafb29b24.org/newsletter/07_QTR_1.pdf

Page #4

Comment

Can any of the people in the know just tell me please I couldn't read the small print,Did thay get aprovel forthe engine upgrade ??or was it change of classifacation turbo routing issues if I recall

Comment

PM Gary Austin. He goes by Retro Aviation on here and is the crew chief for FiFi.

Comment

First of all, sorry for the late reply. I've been busy working on a little racer for Reno this year and haven't been spending as much time on the computer as normal. ;-)

The re-engine program for FIFI is still waiting on funding. We have had a very generous fellow pledge $2 Million for the project, but we've not yet received any money from that pledge. We are also working on a couple of other fund raising items, such as selling type ratings in the B-29 and B-24 to help with the engine project, but frankly, I've not heard how well that's doing (I try hard to stay out of that aspect of our Squadron's affairs...I'm just a greasy mechanic).

So, until some substantial funding comes in, we will be on hold before we press on. However, I am VERY confident that this re-engine program will be significant in keeping FIFI flying for years to come.

Thanks for your interest.

Gary Austin
          Crew Chief, B-29/B-24 Squadron
          Commemorative Air Force

Comment

Working...
          X