Hello from Seafair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Seafair

Just wanted to thank HiredBitSlinger for dropping by the pits yesterday to say 'hi', and to the Leeward Clan (Ryan, Allison, Donna, and Dirk) for spending some time with me today. Hope you guys all had a good time.

And a 'special' tip of the hat to Ryan for the sneak peek of 'The Ghost'. Trust me guys, its gonna look pretty darn cool--better than what my mind's-eye thought it would be.

Dasher...guess your Unc is coming by tomorrow???

Re: Hello from Seafair

[Ruthless Threadjack about the Leewards]

Jimmy himself was kind enough (no surprise there) to speak with me at Oshkosh when I asked him about his Reno plans for this year. Needless to say, the short conversation left me very excited. He (obviously) shared the fans' disappointment about the tank failure during the Gold warmup last year (I believe his words were, "wasn't that a pisser" or along those lines), and said he'll try to give us a good thrill this year. I can see why he and Tiger get along well at Reno... they both obviously are good characters who get a thrill out of the fan involvement (damn if Jimmy didn't ask me "what section do you sit in?" I couldn't believe he'd know the difference in the sections!).

[/Ruthless Threadjack]
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Brad,
      Thanks for showing me around. I had a great time! I'm now almost as much a hydroplane follower as I am air race. Hope to see you around the Ghost pit this year!

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
        Just wanted to thank HiredBitSlinger for dropping by the pits yesterday to say 'hi', and to the Leeward Clan (Ryan, Allison, Donna, and Dirk) for spending some time with me today. Hope you guys all had a good time.
        Thank you for showing me around. I enjoyed meeting you. I must apologize, the plan was to post an image of U-48 at speed. I thought that I had taken one, but apparently not.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by race9
          Brad,
          Thanks for showing me around. I had a great time! I'm now almost as much a hydroplane follower as I am air race. Hope to see you around the Ghost pit this year!
          Can you post any pictures? Hows the website coming along?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by HiredBitSlinger
            I must apologize, the plan was to post an image of U-48 at speed. I thought that I had taken one, but apparently not.

Dan
            well, found the images. It is really a good idea to download ALL of your memory cards. Anyway, here are three of U-48, "Miss Lakeridge Paving".
            Enjoy.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
              So .. that's what Speedy was working on all weekend.

KEWL!!!
              And notice

The most prominent advert on the intake says KING???

Comment

Working...
              X