ATA Propaganda & FAA Budgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATA Propaganda & FAA Budgets

OK, this may stir the hornet's nest and I'm normally pretty laid back here and elsewhere, but I'm assuming that most folks on this board are General Aviation oriented. After all, air racing IS the cutting edge of GA activity.

So, if you aren't mad at the Airline Transport Association yet in their efforts to spin the FAA budget proccess message to the general public, wait till you see this:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A4A advocates on behalf of its members to shape crucial policies and measures that promote safety, security and a healthy U.S. airline industry.

Blatant untruth wrapped in farce! This damages any remaining credibility of the organization for years to come. This is propaganda of the worst order, playing on fear, envy and greed. Without, I might add, any truth to the positions stated.

If you agree with me, make sure that you write your senators and congressmen/women and make yourself heard. You can also join/support the efforts of AOPA and EAA to suppport the facts, balance and sanity in this critical legislative process.

That's my .02 and I'm sticking to it!

We protect your freedom to fly by supporting activities that ensure the long-term health of general aviation; educating pilots, non-pilots, and policy makers alike.

The Experimental Aircraft Association, EAA, based in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, encourages and supports the flying, building and restoration of recreational aircraft

BTW, if the ATA got their way, the federal tax on avgas would jump from 17 cents a gallon to 75 cents a gallon for all GA aircraft! And, if by some stroke of good fortune, they change nothing at all in the current budget process, there would be a multi-billion dollar surplus in the next 5-10 years, even after major system upgrades like ADS-B.

Makes some noise! Who are the real fat cats in this process -- ATA and their silk-suited lobbyists in Washington.
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Re: ATA Propaganda & FAA Budgets

Chuck J's reply on Canard Aviators nailed the airlines' modus operandi!

Sat Aug 4, 2007 10:16 pm (PST)
    I share your sentiments Rudy. The darn ATA money grab made me so mad I
    was going to hop on a Delta flight and go down to Atlanta to give
    Grinstein a piece of my mind, but the first two flights were delayed and
    the third was cancelled, so I just stayed home and played my Airline
    Systems Simulator game---you know the one---its the game where you get
    to do bad planning, charge passengers niggling, unconscionable fee for
    everything imaginable (and a few unspeakable), mismanage schedules, soak
    vendors and shareholders in bankruptcy, promise to give pretzels and
    water to any passenger stranded for more than 8 hours on the ramp and
    ask taxpayers and GA to pay your fair share for you, all while having
    the FAA carry your water. The best part of the game is you get to pay
    yourself a BIG FAT BONUS, no matter how badly you play the game and how
    often you lose. The ASS game has become real popular--all the airlines
    are playing it.

Chuck
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Re: ATA Propaganda & FAA Budgets

Originally posted by Peashooter
      So, if you aren't mad at the Airline Transport Association yet in their efforts to spin the FAA budget proccess message to the general public, wait till you see this:
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Nothing like a good stacking of the deck .... Edna shoulda shared the tax/passenger part
      Jeff Loewe
      www.jlofoto.com

Comment

Working...
      X