Glasair speed in Sport Class Heat 2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasair speed in Sport Class Heat 2B

Wow! Is the speed posted for Mike Jones and the Glasair III race # 10, "Cheeky Charlie" winning the Sport Class Heat 2B correct? It is listed as 318.933 mph which is certainly the fastest race speed of any of the 12 Glasairs raced at Reno since the Sport Class started in 1998. Before that posted speed, John Parker's 291.146 in the 1998 Gold and Lou Meyer's 287.358 in yesterday's Heat 1A were the fastest ever recorded here. It is especially surprising to see this speed in the Silver Heat race. Any comment?

Lowell

New Speed seen

This morning's Reno Gazette Journal has the speed listed as 275.158 which is probably correct. It is very similar to the 275.729 speed Mike posted in a heat race in 2000.
    No complaints Griffon Girl, your'e doing a great job and any of us would have been more blurry-eyed than you in the same shoes! Besides, you probably posted exactly what they gave you anyway. The RARA official times have been known to have a few errors too.
    Thanks again for all of your efforts and the wonderful photos we can look forward to seeing soon. I still am waiting to see pictures of many of the new Sport Class entries and some Formula Ones as well.

Lowell

Comment

Friday misprint

my apologies to all the readers. Race 10 Cheeky Charlie, piloted by Mike Jones' speed was actually 279.933-mph, not the 318.933-mph as posted earlier. The Friday qual-time has been corrected. Not sure where the transposition actually occured (RARA or me) but the error has been corrected and you all have my sincerest apologies for posting it and for taking so long to correct it.

Good eye, Lowell!

-GriffonGirl

Comment

Working...
      X