One from Arlington Fly-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One from Arlington Fly-In

Have had a rough week, behind on photo processing.. thot I'd share one from Arlington..

Best I could do, light and where I could get were not at all the best..

Bud Granlee in the Flying Heritage Museum's P-47... man he does a great bananna pass!!

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: One from Arlington Fly-In

That would be Bud Granley.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
      That would be Bud Granley.
      Ya'know... I almost knew I was "doing it again" with Bud's name... even meant to look up the spelling but forgot to do it before I went to bed....

Sorry Bud!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Is that the rebuilt CAF "N" model Thunderbolt, or is this a different project? Either way, it looks great. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's painted.

FBK

Comment

I think it's cool as is. There are too many correct looking military restorations out there. I'm bored, let's get some cool civilian paint jobs going. Nice shot Wayne.
          No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
          http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

The Flying Heritage Collection does painstaking research on each specific airframe to bring it back to the way that particular airplane looked in its heyday.

For the Jenny, they went back to the cotton mill and funded them to retool to make the appropriate threadcount cotton to make the restoration as original as possible. There are a couple of videos on the website showing the reunion of the P-51 and its pilot from WWII.
            Experience a one-of-a-kind collection of military aircraft, vehicles, and artifacts used in various wars of the 20th century. The collection has been restored with unparalleled authenticity to share with the public. Many of the aircraft and vehicles are maintained in such good condition they’re still capable of flying and driving!

It's an amazing project.
            John Smutny

Comment

Originally posted by Fly-By Knight
              Is that the rebuilt CAF "N" model Thunderbolt, or is this a different project?
              Nope, this is a "D" model Jug which, if I recall, was restored for FHC by the Klaers/Wojciak team. They must still be doing detail work to the Jug as I don't see any .50s in the wings yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Veich
                Nope, this is a "D" model Jug which, if I recall, was restored for FHC by the Klaers/Wojciak team. They must still be doing detail work to the Jug as I don't see any .50s in the wings yet.
                I like......jugs........
                Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Working...
                X