Did Strega run today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Strega run today?

I am curious about any news of Strega. I believe Tiger wanted to be ready by Friday to start "Rockin' and Rollin'". Did the top 5 Gold qualifiers run at all today?

Also, what makes an intake air trunk swell on a racer like Strega? Heat, air pressure, etc.? I'm assuming this is a specially built fiberglass duct Tiger was talking about.
    Robert Stanley -Strega fan since '86

Strega - Friday

They got the new engine in place on Fri. morning and worked diligently all day hooking it up. As noted by Wayne in the Race Reports section, Strega was fired up successfully shortly after midnight.

Regarding the Unlimited Heat 1B on Fri. afternoon it was run on schedule. Unofficially (as I witnessed it), the order of finish was Dago Red, September Fury and Voodoo. Dago Red led from start to finish and was run laps in the 460 mph range. (also see my message on Fri. activities in this section)

Joe
    Joe

Comment

Strega needs to run Saturday

Thanks Joe.

I did catch your message this morning and figured that Strega either DNS'd or DNF's. Since Tiger DNS'd, he'll have to run and win 1st or 2nd in the Saturday Silver heat in order to run in the Gold for Sunday.

I also read about the engine run-up in the midnight hours too.

I'll be up there on Sunday with the Airborne Hobbies group to see for myself. I hope Tiger can get that thing movin' or else it's gonna be a Gold race that just 'sounds' good with that Italian Wine bottle just cruisin' along to the finish line.

Comment

Strega Rules

Thanks for the info, Stanley, on how Strega could get into the Gold Race in spite of missing all the heats. In auto racing, if you change a engine after qualifying, you start in the back. Glad they don't have to go through the Bronze Race to get there at least.

Also, I hope they have far better luck getting the engine running and completely checked out than the Rare Bear guys. I wore my Rare Bear 'fan support t-shirt' yesterday but got no joy from their situation. Their runup did not sound good and the smoke was suspicious.

Hope for good racing Sunday, with a Mustang finishing first (Strega, Italian wine or otherwise).
        Joe

Comment

Strega is In!

I see that GriffonGirl got so excited she mentioned Strega would be in Sunday's 'Silver' - she really meant GOLD!!!

But that's great news, because she knows as well as all veteran race fans that Tiger will keep Skip honest...

Keep em' running above 130"...

Comment

Working...
          X