Planes on a Pole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planes on a Pole.

How about everyone posting their pictures of planes that are on a pole or displayed somewhere besides an organized museum or flightline.

I saw a T-33 on a pole yesterday in Willacoochee Georgia and thought about this thread. I hope to go back and get a picture.

Extra points (if you will) if they are of the racing vintage; Bearcats, Mustangs, P40s etc.

Re: Planes on a Pole.

Planes on Poles?

Some pictures from around the world:

Someone has created a locator as well. Your T-33 makes the list and is visable via Google Maps:

This Aerial Visuals page provides lists of aviation museums and other significant aviation sites around the world.

Comment

Nice, that's the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Comment

I have 2 planes on a pole that made it into google earth, found out in here that the P-51 along hwy 80 in sacramento was fibreglass and has also been removed. The other one is the F104 at the grass valley airport. Its in a little tribute to Chuck Yeager. But if you run the tail number, the plane was never made or at least the serial number was never recorded.

Here are a couple pics taken in late feb with a camera phone on a rainy day.

Comment

That's cool. I didn't know that F-104 was there.

I found this little bit of info about the Starfighter. No explaination as to the fictional number though.

Of note is the F-104 on a display stand at the main entrance to the airport. Grass Valley is Chuck Yeager's California residence, and you'll see his name under the canopy of the F104 -- Memorial dedicated 10/30/04.

Comment

The actual F-104 that Yeager flew is sitting on the lawn out front of the Paso Robles Warbirds Museum....Chuck has been rumored to have stopped by on a pig hunting trip here and jumped the fence to look at it......rumors only......
            Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

I found this one last week while back in the UK for Duxford's Flying Legends show. This Jaguar was recently unveiled at Norfolk's County Hall. Named 'Spirit of Coltishall', it commemorates the close ties between the people of Norfolk and the former Battle of Britain airfield at Coltishall, closed last year.

Comment

Nice shots, that Jag is a mean looking airplane.

Comment

I believe I saw that starfighter on that modelingmadness website. I like the shots in the rain not bad for a cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah
                    Nice shots, that Jag is a mean looking airplane.
                    Isn't the Jag the plane that has the Sidewinder pylons ON TOP of the wing?

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                      Isn't the Jag the plane that has the Sidewinder pylons ON TOP of the wing?
                      I don't know about the Jaguar, but the F.6 variant of English Electric (or BAC if you prefer) Lightning had drop tanks on top of the wing.

There's something that just doesn't feel right about that configuration (missiles OR tanks).

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead
                        I don't know about the Jaguar, but the F.6 variant of English Electric (or BAC if you prefer) Lightning had drop tanks on top of the wing.

There's something that just doesn't feel right about that configuration (missiles OR tanks).
                        Couple of things to consider: A. It is British. B. Perfectly OK if you intend to drop the tanks/missles UP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                          Couple of things to consider: A. It is British. B. Perfectly OK if you intend to drop the tanks/missles UP!!!
                          Or inverted

Comment

There's an RF-4 at the guard building at Reno International. I recently saw an F-86D at a veterans hall near Winnemucca. There used to be a Banshee at Napa airport...
                            Anybody else remember the concrete encased T-33 at a park in Campbell, Calif.? Wonder if it is still there?
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

An A4 and a F7 at opposite ends of Alameda naval air station. Both very nicely maintained, pictures next time I'm out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X