New turbo raven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New turbo raven

I hear heard a something that their will be a new turbo raven is this true??

Re: New turbo raven

There is the Turbine Toucan bipe that Dave Morss has been test flying, but I haven't heard anything about a Raven.

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
      Turbine Toucan

Wayne will not be bringing back a Raven. But there is the the Turbine Toucan. Dave Morss did the initial test flights. Plenty of updates and pictures at their website.
      Thanks for clearing that up.
      And the toucan looks awesome schould good replancement for the turbo raven.
      Yesterday is saw a couple of rc versions of the turbo raven complete whit small rc turboprop engines.
      Last edited by MerlinV12; 07-22-2007, 09:45 AM.

Comment

WOW.... CAn't wait to see this at an airshow. I was totally in awe of the Turbo Raven when Wayne brought her to Reno. This one should really do a number. What about Leo's project. What is the status on it?
        Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77
          WOW.... CAn't wait to see this at an airshow. I was totally in awe of the Turbo Raven when Wayne brought her to Reno. This one should really do a number. What about Leo's project. What is the status on it?
          What is leo's project??

Comment

I assume you are talking about the Zivko Shark? After Leo's death, the aircraft was completed to static display condition. The aircraft was in the paint shop when Leo was killed, and the aircraft was only 30 days or so from it's first flight. It is, or at least was last I heard, in the EAA museum.

Last edited by Race5; 07-26-2007, 01:35 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Hey guys have any of you heard or seen anything on this one. http://www.airplanezone.com/Oshkosh/...3/page111.html This is all I’ve ever seen.
              Jason Schillereff

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S.
                Hey guys have any of you heard or seen anything on this one. http://www.airplanezone.com/Oshkosh/...3/page111.html This is all I’ve ever seen.

All about it here,

Vetsch, Dr. Ray Vetsch, Dr. Raymond Vetsch, Ray Vetsch, Raymond Vetsch, Turbo-Shark, Turbine Engine, G.E. Aviation M601, M601, Tucan, Heart Surgeon, Cardiothurasic Surgery

As far as I know the only high performance turboprop aerobatic aircraft have been the Turbo Raven, the Turbo shark & the Turbine Toucan .

Comment

Will the turbo shark ever fly?
                  Anyway i like the turbine toucan more much nicer looking plane and it will be faster.
                  Any news about the world speed attemped of the turbine toucan?

Comment

Originally posted by MerlinV12
                    Will the turbo shark ever fly?
                    Anyway i like the turbine toucan more much nicer looking plane and it will be faster.
                    Any news about the world speed attemped of the turbine toucan?
                    Hey Merlin,
                    yes the Turbo Shark does fly and if you look at the link above you will see some footage from his routine.
                    Jason Schillereff

Comment

WOW Leo's machine looks awesome. The control throws are crazy. Too bad it aint flying yet. That could really do some wild manuvers.
                      Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

WOW Leo's machine looks awesome. The control throws are crazy. Too bad it aint flying yet. That could really do some wild manuvers.
                        There is no yet.....it will never be flown

Comment

Greetings,
                          I'm new to this community but a few folks said I should stop by and say hello. I'm the owner of the Turbine Toucan, so if you have any questions just let us know.

We had another fantastic day with test flights, all is going very well. Mostly working on fuel management for best x-country profiles.

The performance of the plane has beat all expectations with close to 8500fpm rate of climb at about 50% power. Vertical performance is incredible. Overall control harmony is beautiful.

We'll continue to post progress on our blog which is on the Turbine Toucan website. www.turbinetoucan.com

Thanks for all the kind posts.
                          Infinity Entertainment Inc.
                          www.turbinetoucan.com

Comment

As far as I know the only high performance turboprop aerobatic aircraft have been the Turbo Raven, the Turbo shark & the Turbine Toucan .

Don't forget the turbine Great Lakes !!
                            the other Wayne................

Comment

Originally posted by Toucan
                              Greetings,
                              I'm new to this community but a few folks said I should stop by and say hello. I'm the owner of the Turbine Toucan, so if you have any questions just let us know.

We had another fantastic day with test flights, all is going very well. Mostly working on fuel management for best x-country profiles.

The performance of the plane has beat all expectations with close to 8500fpm rate of climb at about 50% power. Vertical performance is incredible. Overall control harmony is beautiful.

We'll continue to post progress on our blog which is on the Turbine Toucan website. www.turbinetoucan.com

Thanks for all the kind posts.
                              That's one nice aircraft you have there , congratulations on the concept and first flights.

A few questions for you, outside of the biplane records and the "hovering" flights are there plans for other records, such as FAI world records. I just looked it up and there is a lot of weight class records available for turboprops (I'm not sure if your aircraft is in the 500-1000kg or 1000-1750kg class). A possibility of an outright time to climb record for a Turboprop?

Do you know what the thrust to weight is for the top aerobatic aircraft, after watching some of the latest Sukhoi's and Jaria's Juka they must be getting close to being 1:1. How much better is the Toucan compared to those. With similar weights and power do you believe it will have similar performance to the Turbo Raven and Turbo Shark. Or with the greater lift from a Biplane giving it a performance advantage?

A few questions there, I really like the concept of a high performance Turboprop and there has been so few produced. I wish your team and aircraft a great program and lots of records

Comment

Working...
                              X