Glacier Girl + Reno = COOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glacier Girl + Reno = COOL!!!

I'm hearing that a certain P-38 will be parked in with the Unlimited's at Reno. Cool!!!

Re: Glacier Girl + Reno = COOL!!!

Glacier Girl is scheduled to be at Reno as part of the Rolls Royce Heritage competition as a past winner. However, with maintenance issues resulting from the Bolero flight, it maybe questionable for the aircraft to make the appearance. I hope to follow up with the Rolls Royce folks as Reno gets closer. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Dave

Comment

Both engines have been replaced at Goose Bay and the test flights were scheduled to be today or tomorrow. If everything is ok,she will head for Oshkosh.

Comment

Thanks for the updates guys. Man, that's exicting news. I got to see GG at Chino and it is a truly spectacular restoration, so any chance to see her again is welcomed. Maybe RARA would let Mr. Lewis park her next to the Bear in the pits?...or better yet, maybe she'll take a turn around the pylons? (yeah, I know I'm dreaming, but then again I never thought I'd see Odegaard's Corsair racing at Reno either...).

In any case, it'll be great to see her in September.
        Mark Johnson
        Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

On my row this year: Bear, G Girl, Spark and the Steves start jet. The 38 will fly every day in the Herratige flight. Neat stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by spinner
            On my row this year: Bear, G Girl, Spark and the Steves start jet. The 38 will fly every day in the Herratige flight. Neat stuff.
            Spinner, You're reallllly gonna Like Rod Lewis! He'll fit well in your row and he's got a really great family too!

And I guarantee, EasterBunnyFayce will be there early with me this time!

I'm a slow starter these days.. try to keep my excitement levels low but...

I AM starting to get pumped!

And boy.. .Clapton on Today this morning sure helps the feeling!!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
              For those of you here at Osh, the site was updated noting that GG will be here by Wednesday.
              Tyson, you'd best get your Ass to Reno this year!

Comment

In any case, it'll be great to see her in September.
                Damn straight! I'm sure RARA realizes the historical context of GG, and will find some time for a flying display as well as giving them as much latitude to be in the static park and the pits as needed for photo opportunities.

Comment

I hate to be the party crasher here, but if GG is at Reno as a past winner of the National Aviation Heritage Competition, she will undoubtedly be parked in the display area for the duration of the weekend. That is simply the way they have things set up for the display. Now, with that said, she may be allowed to particpate as part of the Heritage Flight, and I hope that is the case, as well as other flying opportunities. Again, I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have contacted the competition foundation and am waiting for their response.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                    I hate to be the party crasher here, but if GG is at Reno as a past winner of the National Aviation Heritage Competition, she will undoubtedly be parked in the display area for the duration of the weekend. That is simply the way they have things set up for the display. Now, with that said, she may be allowed to particpate as part of the Heritage Flight, and I hope that is the case, as well as other flying opportunities. Again, I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have contacted the competition foundation and am waiting for their response.

Dave
                    Dave - thanks for your input - didn't realize she was a past champion,

Stil would lke to revive the spirit of Lefty, though...

Comment

Yes, she won at the Dayton event, I want to say 2004 perhaps. Not exactly sure on the year. They have also introduced another competition which will be announced at Oshkosh's Airventure airshow for those restorations that go above and beyond a normal restoration. Should be interesting.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
                        For those of you here at Osh, the site was updated noting that GG will be here by Wednesday.
                        tyson, can you point me to that update? I can't find it anywhere. TIA.
                        _________
                        -Matt
                        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Damn straight! I'm sure RARA realizes the historical context of GG, and will find some time for a flying display as well as giving them as much latitude to be in the static park and the pits as needed for photo opportunities.
                          ROFL... yeah right!...

RARA could care less if it were the very last flying WW II plane in the world. If it isnt planed to fly, she will be grounded.

Sorry to shake the hornets nest, but the past speeks for its self.

Comment

paintboy,

It's already been agreed that GG will be parked next to Rare Bear in the pits. Steve Hinton will be flying it in the Heritage flight.

Originally posted by paintboy

Dave

Comment

Working...
                            X