Critters you find in the sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critters you find in the sand

Just a couple of shots I took at PRS this year and one from 06. I'm the king of procrastination. Always seem to have one other project to work on before posting.
    Attached Files

Re: Critters you find in the sand

PRS 06 Shawn
    Attached Files

Comment

I think I'm going to develope a case of lense envy.

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
        I think I'm going to develope a case of lense envy.

Lonnie
        With a lense like that, you sure don't need to drive a Corvette.

Comment

Had both. Would rather have the Vette...
          Attached Files
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
            Had both. Would rather have the Vette...
            LOL.. I'm lusting over a lens right now that costs as much as a Vette did new when I was about 15 first learning to drive.

How times change! I'd rather have the lense!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
              How times change! I'd rather have the lense!
              Now that's just silly talkin

Not that I'd rather have the vette.... I'm happy with my 540HP Mustang
              Sorry, I ain't tradin it for any lens
              Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                Now that's just silly talkin

Not that I'd rather have the vette.... I'm happy with my 540HP Mustang
                Sorry, I ain't tradin it for any lens
                Hey Cobra... good to see ya havin' time for some fun!

Yepp.... I'd love to have a little hot rod, and every time I see one of the Stangs, I get all misty but...

540hp... YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

540? Wow! I thought 380 was a handful! How do you keep the rubber attached to the road? A friend of mine had an 80's mustang with a supercharger, claimed 520 on a dyno. Kept trying to race me and everytime he'd go up in smoke.
                  I just got rid of the Mustang (was only a V-6 commuter car) to get a Mini-S for the kid to drive. Almost as much fun to drive as the Vette!
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I think it's one or the other. I don't think Vics lens will fit in a Vette

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                      540? Wow! I thought 380 was a handful! How do you keep the rubber attached to the road? A friend of mine had an 80's mustang with a supercharger, claimed 520 on a dyno. Kept trying to race me and everytime he'd go up in smoke.
                      It's a combination of things... but I guess I should first say that the car (a Mustang) is a muscle car and therefore - I chose to set it up mainly for straight line speed. Simply, the suspension is "soft" to allow for maximum wieght transfer (front end of the car raises-up and the back end squats during hard accelleration), the rear control arms are solid billet aluminum with spherical berings (for planting the rear firmly and predictably), and I run BF Goodrich Comp TA Drag Radials out back (a very sticky tire) for maximum grip. Even with all that, you can still go up in smoke if you don't learn how to "feather" the clutch from a dig and back out of the throttle when you feel the ass end get a little happy. I guess I should also add that it's strictly a fair weather car... it doesn't see any rain and if the temp is below 50 degrees, I stay out of the throttle until I'm rolling at a good clip (doesn't matter what you do, cold asphalt/concrete doesn't allow for the traction needed to keep the rear planted). It's a fun car, but it will bite you in the butt hard if you don't think about what's going on around you. Thankfully, it's never bit me more then a mild "reminder" - and I don't plan on tempting that demon anytime soon.

Now don't get me wrong... I don't street race and I ain't goin balls to the wall when I drive the thing. It's a fun ride - and occationally I'll stretch her legs - but I don't play stupid.

OK - pic time. I likes showin my baby off

The car

The business end

Originally posted by Leo
                      I just got rid of the Mustang (was only a V-6 commuter car) to get a Mini-S for the kid to drive. Almost as much fun to drive as the Vette!
                      Those Coopers are a hoot... nimble and exciting. Wouldn't mind having one of those myself
                      Mark K....

Comment

That's a very sharp ride you've got there. Don't know how well that would fit in with Hot August Nights here in Reno, but the peeps here would sure love to see it anyway. I've yet to process my pics from AutoExotica...but your Mustang would have been right at home here for that show.

Lonnie

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

MY EYESSSSSSSS!!!! MY EYESSSSSSSS!!!

WHERE ARE MY SUNGLASSES???
                          _________
                          -Matt
                          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Sweet car Mark. That is a big hair dryer on there.
                            Next time you are due for new rubber take a look at the M/T Street Radial. They are sticky but I don't think you will hold that thing down with any street tire anyway.

GP

Comment

Wow, that's a very, very nice Mustang you've got there, Mr. Cobra. You've put a lot of time and money into that piece, it's obvious. Sounds like you've got all the good stuff in there.

Tell me, have you had it on a drag strip and if so, what did it run? Can you get those Drag Radials to hook with all that HP? It looks like you'd have to have a lot of know how just to work on it-I don't think I'd know where to start. I'm guessing this is one of those cars that you tune with a lap top. I much prefer the older cars, like the ones with distributors and carburetors and stuff like that, but then I'm an old fart anyway. I like to be able to see the spark plugs in my motors. I do my tuning with a timing light and carb jet changes.

It would be an interesting match race between your new technology Mustang and my son's '69 Camaro with a Pat Musi 555 big block. He pulls it out of his garage, drives it to the drag strip in Englishtown, NJ, runs 10.30's @ 125 mph, then drives it back home. Motor only, no nitrous. Only thing he does is remove the spare tire and some tools from the trunk before he pulls up to the line. I love Fords, and even I'm impressed by that car. He does drive it on the street occasionally, and has even calculated that it costs him $1.00 per minute to drive it. Needless to say, he doesn't drive it very far.

Comment

Working...
                              X