Dago Red Sighted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago Red Sighted

On my way home from tahoe today I was traveling west on I-80 when what do I see traveling east? I see a big rig truck all done up in the Dago Red colors. Looks like Dago is off to Stead maybe? Their web page hasnt been updated in ages.

Anyone know whats up?

Re: Dago Red Sighted

Dago isn't among the registered unlimiteds on the RARA site. Bergie

Comment

Yeah that I know, been looking daily at the entered aircraft list. But where was it headed then? Maybe a speed record attempt?

Comment

Dago Red heading to Reno............................speed record attempt.......hahahahahahahahahaha. Geez, You guys kill me.

Dave

Comment

Let's not get too excited. The trailer is probably headed back home to Utah.

Comment

Dave i agree thats funny speed record attempted should of had that in 99 go for 2009 Shawn

Comment

Dago Red was the airplane used to set the 15KM record currently held by Frank Taylor in 1983!

It holds the record, guys!

If one sets out to break a record, it has to meet ALL of the criteria set down by the NAA/FAI.

Price and the boys didn't do that, so it didn't set the record then.

Is it too hard to understand the rules?

Just because the airplane goes fast, doesn't mean it sets the record, otherwise you all would recognize the Budweiser rocket car was the first car to go supersonic.

BTW, the US Thrift 7 1/4 Special was timed for two runs at 494 and 504 at Palm Springs in 1973 in it's attempt to set the 15KM record. I suppose it should just been handed that record, too?

Chris, (double cross country speed record holder)

Comment

"Just because the airplane goes fast, doesn't mean it sets the record, otherwise you all would recognize the Budweiser rocket car was the first car to go supersonic. "

A little off topic but,
                just saw the Bud Rocket for the first time this year at the Superspeedway Museum in Alabama. Very interesting car. Looks like it could have gone supersonic on a sprint; but too small to set an all out supersonic land speed record.
                I wonder if Fossett will be at Black Rock this year for sure?

Comment

Just Because It's got BUD ON the Car, Doesn't Mean It's Got BUD IN The Car.....SORRY, I Just Couldn't Help it...D.

Comment

Lets see................... airplanes and rocket cars.............. apples and oranges. This forum just keep getting funnier and funnier each day.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                      Racing withdrawal.

Happens every year.
                      Hey, what do you know about racing?

Jarrod

Comment

so no other word on the race 4?
                        www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead
                          Let's not get too excited. The trailer is probably headed back home to Utah.
                          Mark K....

Comment

On my way home from tahoe today I was traveling west on I-80 when what do I see traveling east? I see a big rig truck all done up in the Dago Red colors. Looks like Dago is off to Stead maybe? Their web page hasnt been updated in ages.

If Bob is driving west from Tahoe on I-80 and he spots the Dago Red trailer traveling east on I-80 wouldn't that be driving away from Reno.

Silky
                            W.J. Utah

Comment

Originally posted by silky

If Bob is driving west from Tahoe on I-80 and he spots the Dago Red trailer traveling east on I-80 wouldn't that be driving away from Reno.

Silky
                              W.J. Utah
                              Nope, because I was in truckee when I saw it and if I am heading west, then east , and reno, are at my back.

Comment

Working...
                              X