Reno 2002 - Mike Gallagher x 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2002 - Mike Gallagher x 6

Now, to let you know what's going on, we are up to our ears in work here, so we're putting this gallery up first, then will switch to the past two day's coverage, and try and stay current through the weekend for you. We'll start putting up our Sunday galleries on Sunday itself, including the Awards Dinner, and following on Monday, get caught up on a number of the galleries we have at present, both before and during Reno.

Here's one of Mike's pictures of the Thunder Mustang after start-up at Reno Stead. John's is the only Thunder Mustang competing, since Race 69 didn't make it to Reno this year. Thus, John has a shot at both the Audi Trophy and the National Championship in this very fast airplane:
    Attached Files

Reno 2002 - Mike Gallagher

Curt Brown's "American Spirit" after its arrival at Reno Stead. The aircraft is an L-39 Albatross flown by Space Shuttle astronaut Curt Brown, who flew the mission that carried Senator John H. Glenn into space on his second trip into orbit -
    Attached Files

Comment

The Hawker Sea Fury Riff Raff, # 99, flown by the other Space Shuttle astronaut racing, Robert K. "Hoot" Gibson, who is married to another Space Shuttle astronaut - who happens to be a woman, so let's not get the wrong idea here, guys!

I wonder if we could fit some Rolls Royce Griffons into the Shuttle's engine compartment? Make a pylon racer out of it!

Have Mary Dilda fly it and really rub it in!

Oh, Curt, "Hoot!" I'm just kidding! Don't go ballistic on me! *rimshot!* Like that? Bear Bear taught me that! Here. I'll do it again *rimshot!* So, Wayne thinks that HE can play the drums!
      Attached Files

Comment

Dave Morss finally got his first Unlimited Class race under his belt, flying Sean Carroll's Yak IIIM, # 104, *Russian Roulette.* Dave is seen here during practice prior to the races:
        Attached Files

Comment

"The Flying Dutchman" over the Unlimited Course during qualifications week. I'm trying to remember his name. Same as a rockstar. Ozzy? Meatloaf? Marilyn Manson? No no no! Let me check my list...

OH! "Dan Martin!" Plays for Guns 'n Roses, or something like that.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X