Nikon D70s or D80?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon D70s or D80?

I finally have some money set aside for a DSLR. I am a Nikon guy, so I have narrowed my choices to either a D70s or a D80.

The two cameras seem to have similar features with the biggest difference being the D70s is a 6mp, and the D80 is a 10mp. The D80 is also a couple hundred more dollars.

My question is, is the D80 worth the extra money, or could I take my budget and get a D70s with some better glass?

ANY input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Danno

Re: Nikon D70s or D80?

Get the D80 and save for the glass. I gave my D70 (still a very good camera) to my Son when I upgraded to a D200. Biggest reason for the upgrade at the time? MORE PIXELS.

Comment

To my understanding, the D80 is very much like the D200 innards and quite the camera. I would go with the D80. Glass typically is good down the road. Body's get outdated quicker.

Two and a half years ago Nikon announced the six megapixel D70, their first affordable enthusiasts digital SLR, it proved to be a very popular camera and strong competitor to the Canon EOS 300D (Digital Rebel). Just fifteen months later Nikon revealed the D70s which was essentially the same camera with a some subtle tweaks (improved AF, wider flash coverage, higher capacity battery, larger LCD monitor). And so just over fifteen months on from the D70s Nikon present the latest incarnation of their 'enthusiasts' digital SLR line, the ten megapixel D80.

Michael

Comment

Well, thanks for the input.

I sprung for the D80 and the 18-135 kit lens.

I LOVE it! It feels like it was built for my hand, and the performance is amazing. It broke the bank, and will probably become my Chistmas present, but it was worth it!

I just returned from the 'Creation Northwest' music festival at The Gorge amphitheater in George, Washington. Over the 3.5 days of music, I shot about 1000 pictures. The instant response of the camera got me some good stuff.

So now, does anyone have any comments on the Nikkor 55-200 VR that just came out for about $250? Or the Nikkor 70-300 VR for about $500?

Is the 70-300 worth twice the 55-200?

Again, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Danno

Comment

Working...
        X