Reno 2002 - Mike Gallagher x 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2002 - Mike Gallagher x 4

Precious Metal in the Pits. Before leaving, Bear Bear shared his "prognostications" (? whatever!) with me, and said that we are looking at the 2002 National Champion. He believes that the preparations made by Ron Buccarelli and his crew, plus the amount of training and practice Ron is putting in as a pilot, will earn them the National Championship when luck and attrition put the leaders out. The battle appears to be between five fast planes at this moment...Dago Red, Strega, September Fury, Precious Metal, and Voodoo.

Bear Bear says to watch for pylon and deadline cuts in the final determination of the race. The winner will be the one with the least, and don't be surprised if a stock racer wins this year...the five leaders may go so fast, that they all could wind up unintentionally violating the deadline by pushing each other so hard. Bear Bear says that of the five, only Skip and Bill have experience at high speeds (i.e., 490s) on the Reno course. He thinks that Ron will "lay in wait" for attrition to take their toll, then cruise at lower power settings to victory, without violating the deadline or cutting a pylon.

He said to watch out for Matt Jackson - whether he's sandbagging or not - he could win by pressing the leaders, or win by kicking back and taking it easy...at stocker (stalker) speeds!

Bear Bear also predicts:

AT-6 -- Mary Dilda
    Formula One -- Gary Hubler
    Sport Biplane -- David Rose
    Sport Class -- UPSET!!! John Parker!
    Jets -- Mary Dilda! He says she's going to wax some fannies, and boy, are the boys going to scream and cry!

What a Bear Bear! There are astronauts and test pilots looking for him, but NO WAY I'm going to tell where he is -- not for the right price, anyway!

GO GRIFFONS!!!
    Attached Files

Reno 2002 - Mike Gallagher

Dennis Sanders' beautiful # 114, Argonaut, in the Pits at sunset shortly after its arrival at Reno Stead. Hopefully, we'll get to see Brian Sanders and Dreadnaught return next year, along with Tom Dwelle and Critical Mass!

Attached Files

Comment

Curt Brown's beautiful *American Spirit.* And to think...Mary Dilda has already waxed his fanny twice! (2001 practice; 2002 race!) I'll bet Curt thought the NASA Flight Surgeons were a pain in the a$$!
      Attached Files

Comment

Soon to retire. These will be the last racing images of Risky Business on the course. We do hear, however, that Bill Rheinschild may bring her to Las Vegas for the Unlimited Demonstration Race there on October 5-6, 2002, so stay tuned!
        Attached Files

Comment

Miss America, # 11, in the Pits before her unfortunate sagebrush landing at Reno. We hope to have word for you soon as to whether Brent Hisey will be able to restore the aircraft to race again. She was very badly damaged

And Brent was very lucky. He was covered in oil during his Mayday while in the cockpit:

Believe it or not...I have to go shopping. I know, I know! You've been waiting and waiting for images for days and days. Well, I'll be right back. Wayne has got to have his Starbucks or he's just not the pain in the a$$ we all know and love without his caffine!

I promise! I'll be right back! Here's the picture. Eighty more to go, and then we can look at mine!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X