Reno 2002 Mike Gallagher Pictures x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2002 Mike Gallagher Pictures x 2

Since Precious Metal is a tail-dragger, the Griffon motor sits so high that maintenance stands are required for the mechanics to be able to work on the engine. Except for Dave Berry -- he loves to wear stilts!
    Attached Files

Reno 2002 -- Mike Gallagher

I remember flying air to air with this plane on my first trip to Reno in 2000. Sure is a lot cleaner! I wonder if they would be willing to detail Wayne's truck?

Anyhow, this is the Rogers-Stolz Air Racing Team's Hawker Sea Fury, Furias, # 15, which is considered a solid Silver Class racer, but due to attrition, may actually have a shot at the Gold this year...
    Attached Files

Comment

The Mike Keenum-owned, "Hoot" Gibson-flown, Hawker Sea Fury, *Riff Raff,* # 99...Mike Keenum will fly this aircraft in a demonstration race at Nellis AFB, Nevada, for the 2002 edition of Aviation Nation, the major Air Show that takes place annually outside of Las Vegas, Nevada. Over 400,000 people are expected to attend:
      Attached Files

Comment

Bill "Tiger" Destefani enjoys a laugh with a crew member prior to test runs on the engine of Strega. Bill qualified, then had an incident with a cowling that detached in flight, damaging the race engine. A spare engine has been loaned to Bill by Dan Martin, so Strega is still in the race :
        Attached Files

Comment

Reno 2002 - Mike Gallagher

John Zayac and John Cronin arrive in their AT-6s for Reno 2002 prior to qualifications week. Look for the next thread:
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X