is it worth going to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it worth going to?

is there anything going on at reno right now? Would it be worth going up there to see anthing?

Im planning on going up there in the next couple weeks. does anyone know when a good time would be to see some racers practicing? Also I would like to go to the open field where the planes fly right over. I have seen video of people there but i dont know how to get there. Any help please.

Re: is it worth going to?

You must remember Stead air port is an active field. You will not see any planes rounding the pylons out side of PRS or race week. Pluss most of the teams are not based in Stead. They start the migration to Reno in September, then we all follow them.

There are a couple of teams out there though. Rear Bear, Thunder Mustang, to name a couple.

Comment

ok thanks for that. I might stop and take a look at what going on Any news on dego or strega???

Comment

thats sucks. I sure hope strega wins this year. Sport class will be the best this year.

Comment

If you are looking for something else to do at Stead you can always go up and do some spin or aerobatic work up there. There is a great CFI by the name of Tim Brill, he is a blast to go up with. He showed me things in a Decathlon I never seen before. Also if you go up there just for fun, try to look for an old timer by the name of "Snoopy". He too is a wealth of info and if my memory serves me correctly, he is living at Stead right by RARA.

Comment

do you know how much it is to go up??

Comment

Depends on what you want to go up in...and what you want to do. Your best bet is to give him a call. You can search Stead Aerobatics and he will show up first. Have fun and tell him Jerry "the radioguy" told you about him.

Comment

check this out this is my older Brother Colin enjoy. Shawn

Comment

ops got it wrong . www.CoolRainAviation.com
                  Shawn

Comment

does anyone know if anyone gives rides in sacramento ca area? Like in a warbird or a extra or something?

Comment

Originally posted by dschuh23
                      does anyone know if anyone gives rides in sacramento ca area? Like in a warbird or a extra or something?
                      Go here for an NA SNJ-4 or Stearman

Then there's THIS PLACE if you have a thing for twins.

BTW... I no nothing about compay other than whats on their website.
                      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                      My Photos
                      My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by flyride
                        I know where you can get an L-39 ride in the Sacramento area. You buy the gas.
                        Yes, how much do they charge for Jet A ...$8.00 per gallon or are they doing market price?

Comment

Working...
                        X