UNIDENTIFIED P-51 IN NORTHERN CALIF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNIDENTIFIED P-51 IN NORTHERN CALIF.

Twice this week, I have seen a P-51 orbit over Alamo for a couple laps, and then it heads south over Danville towards Oakland or Hayward. I do not recognize the plane from any that I have seen before at Reno. It is painted a flat gray color (not polished aluminum) and it has a USAF star on the bottom of one of the wings. The engine sounds very healthy. Does anybody know the name of this plane or the owner or where it might be hangared?

I believe that Stu Eberhardt lives in the area. We get to see Merlins Magic fly over every once in a while, as well as several other warbirds.

Re: UNIDENTIFIED P-51 IN NORTHERN CALIF.

Mike Coutch form Hayward i used to live in Freemont and he used to circle his house were he lived in Freemont. Shawn

Comment

Re: UNIDENTIFIED P-51 IN NORTHERN CALIF.

Shawn,

Thank you for the information. I am fortunate to live in an area where I routinely see fly-bys of several warbirds that are hangared in the area. There seem to be 3 or 4 in Livermore and several more out of the Oakland area. Merlin's Magic has "strafed" the Danvile 4th of July parade a few times.

Thanks again for the help,
      Bob

Comment

Working...
      X