Valle pictures - slightly OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valle pictures - slightly OT

We had two P51 flights on Sunday before everyone left. So, I took the opportunity to 'play' with my new telephoto lense!!!! I need to work on technique and exposure, but not bad for my first time. Hope you all enjoy.
    Cindy

Re: Valle pictures - slightly OT

Thanks Cindy,pictures of P51's are never OT, what settings did you have to get the props stopped?
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

I have NO idea!!!!

I had to post on a yahoo group to find out what settings to use to get the camera to recognize the lens. beyond that, I used default settings. it's a cool lens, but I'm still a bit intimidated by it

Comment

What camera and what lens? it sounds funny that it didnt recognise, unless you got an older Nikon (non PC) lens or older Pentax lens as any Canon EF lens is recognised by the EOS digitals, and same for the Olympus E digitals and Konica Minolta/Sony Alpha's....
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Thanks for posting the Valle pictures!
          JMurphy

Comment

I still shoot film! I'm using a Minolta Maxxum 5. the lens is a phoenix 600 - 1300 telephoto. I didn't have the doubler on there, but might try that in Reno.
            it's the first chance I've had to try it out. had to set some custom settings first. lots of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gollwitzer
              Thanks Cindy,pictures of P51's are never OT, what settings did you have to get the props stopped?
              The question should be what settings did you use, because you don't want to use them again. Stopped props are a big no-no.

Comment

Originally posted by wardog
                I still shoot film! I'm using a Minolta Maxxum 5. the lens is a phoenix 600 - 1300 telephoto. I didn't have the doubler on there, but might try that in Reno.
                it's the first chance I've had to try it out. had to set some custom settings first. lots of fun!
                Man, with a doubler that would make it a 1200-2600
                "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

The maxxum 5 is a nice all around camera. It is a bit dated now. but not bad.

Man, with a doubler that would make it a 1200-2600.
                  Do keep in mind. When using the doubler, you will not be able to use auto focus. You will soon find out just how nice that predictive auto focus really is.

Comment

Shoot, I have a Minolta SRT-100. 'Course, it hasn't seen the light of day since about Reno '99!
                    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
                    X