Sport Class Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Class Mods

With the new mods available in the sport class just curious if anyone has heard any rumours about big players, sounds like Relentless has worked some magic in the aft cowl with the augmentor. But I have heard nothing about what 33 and the Mustang are doing, not to mention the defending champ. One must assume that parker and his guys are going to be wringing some more power out of that mustang. Chia has proven time and time again that he can make a plane win, and there seems to be no talk about whats going on with that swoopy pink plane that nobody knows how fast it can go.

We got a new course, and a new set of rules to negotiate.

Just curious if anybody has got any good techy gossip...

Re: Sport Class Mods

Aerochia has it posted on theri website that some major mods have been done to Greenamyer's motor for this year.

Comment

great stuff!

motor mods? Would that imply they are sticking with the 550?

Comment

I would assume so, especially since it is alreadt proven to haul butt, and the will have the 12cyl next year.

Comment

Darryl has a Tigercat? Huh, never knew that. Dude is full of surprises
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
            I would assume so, especially since it is alreadt proven to haul butt, and the will have the 12cyl next year.
            Pretty optimistic prediction for an engine that hasn't even run yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man
              Are you sure? I thought Andy told me it has been run on a stand...
              _________
              -Matt
              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man

The 12cyl isn't fully proven yet. It has run on the stand, but not under load in a test cell. I would say the current setup is pretty proven though.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
                  The 12cyl isn't fully proven yet. It has run on the stand, but not under load in a test cell. I would say the current setup is pretty proven though.
                  Guess its how you define run. If it has its certainly good news. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                  X