Tug Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tug Races

I don't know if anyone remembers, but years ago, many of the teams blew off a bit of steam after the Saturday races and the planes had been put to bed by having a no holds (or dirty tricks) barred tug race by the deadline in front of the pits. They haven't done this for the last 4 or 5 years and I was just curious what caused the demise (if anyone knows) or if I'm just missing it. Used to be quite a hoot watching the (at the time) Rare Bear Super Tug scream down the ramp, or watching 1/2 million dollar baby shoot racers, crew, spectators or anyone else within reach with their water cannon. It seemed that more emphasis was placed on how to cheat (plulling plug wires, chocking wheels, etc) then who actually won anything.
    Anyway, just had fond memories and was thinking back. Leave tommorrow mega-am for R2K+2 and have Reno on the brain. Makes work kinda hard
    TomL

tug races

I know we stopped participating in the tug races as they were getting out of hand. Somebody was going to get hurt. When we first started the tug races, it was the "best cheater" that won. When the Super Tug made it's appearance, things started to get out of hand. This changed the spirit of what we wanted to do - just have some fun. So we decided not to race our tug any more.

Wayne Race 6 Sumthin Else
    Race 2 Maniyak
    Race 27 Miss Trinidad

Comment

Working...
    X