Gary Austin - IF1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Austin - IF1

Gary looked great at PRS, flew an excellent and consistant line on the course and handled a acutal mayday like a seasoned veteran.

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: Gary Austin - IF1

Great shots Victor & I bet Gary would love to get some of the photos for his first year at Reno. I didn't notice him passing any biplanes. I wonder if he was wearing Ruby thongs.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gollwitzer
      Great shots Victor & I bet Gary would love to get some of the photos for his first year at Reno. I didn't notice him passing any biplanes. I wonder if he was wearing Ruby thongs.

donno on the thong,
      but I'd bet he has "Austin power"......groovy baby....
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

That Cassutt was uncomfortable enough after the long cross country from Texas to Reno...wearing a thong would've put the pain threshold over the top!

Awesome shots, Victor. It's pretty easy to shoot a slow moving target though, right?

Gary

Comment

Gary welcome to Air Racing & its fans. Glad you have a good sense of humor. I'm 75 & still watching from Cleveland Races on. Good luck in Sept. See you there.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Gary welcome to Air Racing & its fans. Glad you have a good sense of humor. I'm 75 & still watching from Cleveland Races on. Good luck in Sept. See you there.
            Well Bob, maybe you've seen this Cassutt race before then. It first raced at the '69 Ft. Lauderdale races, followed by St. Louis. Then in 1970, it raced in St. Louis and Cleveland. Finally, it's last race was the 1971 Cleveland Air Races. Now, it's certainly possible that I've got a couple of those dates/locations slightly misplaced, but that's the basic history (just going by memory here). But "Maybee's Baby" is back and WILL be at Reno 2007! It's certainly not going to be the fastest airplane out there, but for me, it's such a huge honor to be the first one to fly it around the pylons in 36 years.

I look forward to meeting all of y'all out there.

Gary

Comment

It'll be great to meet You Gary!!! The Alien did great with his pics of the Pylons passing you....LOL

Slo can be a good thing sometimes...my handle is "slofast" Got both ends covered...
              Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Gary you will have to let us know your race #,Victors photos wern't close enough [hah] to show it.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

I used to have a half-fast race car.

Comment

Gary you will have to let us know your race #,Victors photos wern't close enough [hah] to show it.
                    It's race #64. I just didn't apply the numbers until I knew they'd let me race there.

Gary

Comment

HOORAY another IF1!!!
                      Love the paintjob so far.....Is your other airplane a PZL Dromader?

Comment

Originally posted by number17fan
                        HOORAY another IF1!!!
                        Love the paintjob so far.....Is your other airplane a PZL Dromader?
                        Nah, my other airplanes are some ol' B-24 and a B-29.

Gary

Comment

Hi Gary , i look up your Cassutt Racer in the 1969 annual Racing planes and air races . It was built by Jim Southworth and won the consoulation race in Lauderdale cut a pylon at St.Louis , and was tied for 2nd in the Cleveland Final event and it was number 42.

all the best Shawn
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great photos Victor! Nice meeting you

Comment

Working...
                            X