No IF1 qualifications on Tuesday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No IF1 qualifications on Tuesday?

I only saw the Monday figures in GriffonGirls update?
    Thanks for the data - I haven't found much on the "other" classes anywhere else!
    Anders

Re: No IF1 qualifications on Tuesday?

Originally posted by Anders
    I only saw the Monday figures in GriffonGirls update?
    Thanks for the data - I haven't found much on the "other" classes anywhere else!
    Anders
    Griffon Girl is working her butt off and we all have her to thank for getting up the qualification results!

On Site Action Reports From AAFO.COM HQ At American Air Racing Hangar At Stead Field (read only: please post responses to updates in the Air Racin' forum section)

Is all the information that was available at the RARA hangar as of 5:00 today... sometimes the board there does not get updated completely by the time we make our pass through..

GG just told me that there were no new postings on the IF1 board when whe was there and they put the ladder away (they are posted by hand on a whiteboard)

So that may be it for today in the IF1 class..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Anders,
      you will see that all of the bias is towards the "fantasy class",the unlimiteds.As exciting as they are,the real future in air racing is the Sport,F-1 and Biplane classes.This is because the races can be held on airports hosting airshows.The multi race circuit is the only viable plan for a future in closed course racing.Using the venue provided by established airshows gives a ready made audience and increases exposure.150,000 people over 4 days once a year will not keep racing around much longer.The ability these web- sites have for promoting is great but it just hasn't happened.I hope the owners see the light and promote viability and future.
      Chris.

Comment

I really appreciate the work done by GriffonGirl and the rest of the AAFO staff. I sure realize the problems of keeping track of all the data.

For those who are interested in the IF1 qualifications they can be found at http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html...9/11/23524.php (never underestimate the local press...) - thanks Lowell for the tip!

Keep up the good work,
        Amders

Comment

Thanks Anders for the rgj link. I have been searching everywhere for the IF1 qual times so I could find my brother's (Ed Dutreaux #33 Sligshot) time.

If anyone is up at Stead and gets near Ed tell him his sister said Hi!

Comment

Qual times

Sport class time trial speed increase each year indicates a class that is coming on! Greenameyers speed was 10 mph over the record which was faster than some unlimited times. If you think that is fast wait till NXT shows up. Bratton
            Mark Bratton

Comment

Working...
            X