Blue Skies - Jim Foss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Skies - Jim Foss

These are never easy.. we've lost another one... This was just sent in by a former Dago Red teammate, Steve Andrues:

"If you have not already heard, last week Jim Foss "The Twidge" died from a two-year bout with cancer. I met Jim in 1992 as part of the Strega team. Jim handled the telemetry on the aircraft. When Tiger 'bent' his airframe after the Gold Race in '97 we all jumped-ship for Dago Red. Although Terry Bland killed all of our hopes for '05, we already had many years as a first-place competitors! Jim had given us real-time telemetry several years before Indy had "burst-telemetry". Jim's humor, talent, and raw-ability will be missed. Although sometimes hard to work with, he never failed to produce. This speaks for itself. I am glad to have had Jim as my friend!"

Blue Skies Forever - Jim Foss
    photo courtesy of dagored.org and Mark Kallio
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Blue Skies - Jim Foss

How sad. Great guy. And even though 'today' it doesn't even seem like a big issue at all, how could anyone who was there ever forget the first time the 'black trailer' pulled into the Strega pit? Who was in there? What were all those computers for? Why are the doors always closed? Why is everyone so secretive?????

Comment

Wayne, as a cancer survivor.. I know this was a tough one for you....

GodSpeed Foss......

Comment

Sorry to hear about Jim,he was one of the best at what he did. Blue Skies Jim. Thoughts & prayers to al the family.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

"The Twidge",
          Great competitor, great sense of humour, atleast I got the opportunity to race with him on Dago, and against him with the Bear. The best conversation I ever had with him was outside Vons grocery store here in Bakersfield, must have gone on for two or more hours. I know if Dwight were reading this right now just the thought of the "The Twidge" and I talking outside a grocery store would bring the comment "can't somebody shut those guys up?" Chocks cleared, have a good trip.
          John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
            Why is everyone so secretive?????

defintely a trendsetter!

Comment

Originally posted by AlisoBob
              Wayne, as a cancer survivor.. I know this was a tough one for you....

GodSpeed Foss......
              Thanks, I'm glad you understand this.. It really is hard. Not because it makes me worry about myself, it's just... hard to describe. It's almost like a "club" that you don't want to join.

I lost a man who was likely going to be my best friend. My lady's brother. We'd really started to bond cause we both loved the same lady... we both found out at about the same time, he thought his method worked for him (wholesitic.. screw the spelling on that one!) and I really was rethinking the REALLY damaging process I went through. His didn't work... so far, mine did..

I didn't know Jim well, we'd met a couple times, he was always a bright shining smile guy... Did not know he had cancer.. I'm very sorry that he lost the battle!

God Speed Jim Foss!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X