Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If This Doesn't Make "YOU" Furious / Nothing Will...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If This Doesn't Make "YOU" Furious / Nothing Will...

If This Doesn't Make "YOU" Furious / Nothing Will...

Hello "ALL"... Let me begin by introducing myself My name is Remo...

I've been coming to this website for many years... I've religiously attended RENO 1975 - 1995... 98 / 01 / 03

I'm 55 years old and just recently purchased my first computer an APPLE IMac-G5... "I'm having the time of MY LIFE"...

Up until my purchase I was using WEBTV to view this website... ( Talk About Living In A Cave )...

Along with my computer I Purchased a Canon Printer... That allows me to scan my slides & negatives...

This is going to be a time consuming project of mine... But I must confess, it WILL be a labor of love... 2000 - 3000 ? I'm guessing...

It was around 84 that I switched to slides... My negatives are OLD... The quality of the scanned slides is superior to that of my negatives...
    I'm trying to learn how to restore images at the moment...

None the less I will be posting images that I HOPE you will enjoy...

{ VICTOR ARCHER } (LOL)... 100% of my photos were taken the old fashion way ( NO AUTO FOCUS, NO Powerwinder )... All by trial and ERROR... I ONLY wish I knew what the HELL I was doing at the time... My Pylon and Valley of Speed photos don't hold a candle to your work... Just thinking about the access ONE had to the Race Course back then is BREATHTAKING... ( It USED TO BE - "If Their's A WILL There's A WAY" )...

Having said THAT I hope ALL, will enjoy my photos... From my past years at Reno / Mojave and places I've visited...

I'd like to know how to put a signature on my photos, for future postings... Maybe SOMEONE here can advise in accomplishing this feat...

AGAIN thank ALL of you... For ALL of your posts and WONDERFUL photos throughout the years...

This post should contain 3 Images of "FURIOUS" ( I Hope )...

Remo~...

Re: If This Doesn't Make "YOU" Furious / Nothing Will...

Remo, only see one photo but keep em coming!!!

Really looking forward to seeing your archives.. I think I speak for everyone that one of the most enjoyable things about being a race fan and being able to share our passion on this site is being able to share our OLD images!!!!!

Most of my early stuff is either 110, really hard to scan.. or, mostly, actually video....

To be honest, my early years were spent with my mouth hanging on my chest just taking it all in!

Keep em comin'!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Reno '84, with the DC-7 spinner.

Nice.....

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
        Reno '84, with the DC-7 spinner.

Nice.....
        GEEK! HAH!
        Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
          GEEK! HAH!
          (in best Pee Wee Herman voice....) I know you are, Bill...but what am I?

Comment

Was it 84 that he lost the cowling out in the valley of speed?
            I remember it just blowing into a million pieces. Looked like confetti behind him.
            Without my pictures and my notes (still packed away, no place to put them out!) I can't rely on memory.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

YES 84 was the year she lost her cowling... I was in the valley of speed shooting the race with my son...

We retrieved a piece of cowling and returned it to the "Furious Pit"...

This was the year I drove my "Vete" up from Vegas... Popped the T-Tops off and drove in with the cowling. Had I had the room I would have kept it as a trophy for my garage...

A few shots from "TVOS" I only wish I had auto focus and a powerwinder...

I know I have better photos from out there, I MUST find the carousel...

Shooting "TVOS" back THEN was the ONE of most incredible experiences in my life... Lefty brought me to a crouch more than ONCE...

More to come as I check them ALL Out... JUST not enough time in the day for me lately...

Remo~...

Comment

The 80's were some of my favorite years there.
                Nice Vette! Still have it? We just sold the wife's 81. Kept the 01 but miss the C-3.
                Sure wish Furious had lived up to it's potential a little more for Mr. Hamilton. Must have been hard doing as well as he did on a shoestring with "Havenaught"
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                  The 80's were some of my favorite years there.
                  Nice Vette! Still have it? We just sold the wife's 81. Kept the 01 but miss the C-3.
                  Sure wish Furious had lived up to it's potential a little more for Mr. Hamilton. Must have been hard doing as well as he did on a shoestring with "Havenaught"
                  The odd thing is, Lloyd played around with that thing for YEARS before it ever even showed up to turn a pylon. I know a lot of people thought that he was 'copying' the Sanders after they started building Deadnot in '83....but I can remember pit chatter when I was a kid in the '70's that Lloyd was scavanging the world for parts to build a racing Sea Fury and mate it with a BIG engine. Just like so many other projects that never amounted to anything, I assumed it was just 'talk'. So I was actually kind of surprised (pleasantly) when "Head Gorilla" finally took to the air.

But I agree, Leo, as smooth and competitive as "Baby Gorilla" was for Lloyd, it surprised me that he never got a decent engine for "Furry-ass".

Still miss Lloyd.

Comment

He was definately a fixture. I don't recall an airshow in the 70's that I went to that Baby Gorilla did'nt show up at. He was always glad to talk about the plane, I even have a shot of me in the cockpit at a Travis show (back when I had to hitch it to go, no license)
                    My first serious drawings of aircraft were based on shots of BG in Air Classics in, ahem, 1973... The first Sea Fury I ever saw or heard of.
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X