Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time lurker.. Rare Bear "Fan".. any "new" news.. Will she make Reno???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time lurker.. Rare Bear "Fan".. any "new" news.. Will she make Reno???

Haven't seen anything lately and nothing new has been posted here... Just wondering, as we are making plans for this year...

Thanks in advance for any input...

Re: Long time lurker.. Rare Bear "Fan".. any "new" news.. Will she make Reno???

I saw an 18 wheeler of Kitty Litter headed toward Stead... so I would say chances are good!

Comment

Originally posted by AlisoBob
      I saw an 18 wheeler of Kitty Litter headed toward Stead... so I would say chances are good!
      Ha Ha...

I suspect that the Bear Kat will be out of the bag, so to speak, this coming week..

You may learn more than the team wants you to...

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I've poked the Bear gang in the ribs, more than once.... Doesnt mean that their not one of my favorite teams..

I want the following from them this year... in this order.

1. Fly Safe!

2. Fly Fast!

If that gets them into the Gold Winners Circle..... Perfect!

If the right conditions dont exist.... save it until next year.

Perhaps all the Gold Teams should share Kerch? Then the final would be really exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Aces
          Haven't seen anything lately and nothing new has been posted here... Just wondering, as we are making plans for this year...

Thanks in advance for any input...

As of yesterday - by what I saw as I drove by the Hangar.

Still Bare Metal
          Still nothing mounted forward of the firewall
          engine on stand next to fuselage.

don't think it would take much to get it together, though. Just my opinion...

Comment

believe every thing you hear in the coming month's.i did last year
            and looked like a fool.
            the Bear,Strega,Dago Red will duke it out in the gold.
            who will win?ahh,just wait...

Comment

Originally posted by lowpasskid
              who will win?
              M/B...... easy

Comment

Is this what they mean by "Silly Season"?

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                  Is this what they mean by "Silly Season"?
                  It's not offical, 'til we hear from Sani-Hut.....

Comment

Originally posted by AlisoBob
                    M/B...... easy

I just love statements like this.

There was a quote one time from Ted Jones, the famous builder of Unlimited Hydroplanes. He said "I wouldn't bet on a hydroplane race if I owned every boat in the field".

Same thing applies to air racing. All the money and preparation in the world can go to hell over a failed 10-cent part. Want me to list off the years that Kerch DIDN'T win? I'll bet he'd be the first one to tell you the exact same thing.

"Easy" shouldn't even be in any serious race fan's vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                      I just love statements like this.

There was a quote one time from Ted Jones, the famous builder of Unlimited Hydroplanes. He said "I wouldn't bet on a hydroplane race if I owned every boat in the field".

Same thing applies to air racing. All the money and preparation in the world can go to hell over a failed 10-cent part. Want me to list off the years that Kerch DIDN'T win? I'll bet he'd be the first one to tell you the exact same thing.

"Easy" shouldn't even be in any serious race fan's vocabulary.

Another one of Kerch's famous comments is that "If you blow a tire taxiing out for the Gold race, no one's going to wait for you...."

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                        You may learn more than the team wants you to...
                        I've Known Dave Cornell for a long time, If you learn anything this weekend, it will be exactly what Mr. Wizard wants you to learn. If anyone is caught feeling the need to vomit Bear secrets, I suspect they'll be in the 22nd row come September.
                        John Slack

Comment

It would be nice if we knew that all the Unlimiteds were prepared and ready to go by June. Of course, it's nice to dream!! The reality is something else. Last minute thrashes are the norm, rather than the exception. One year we had Race 6 "Sumthin Else" all ready and running good. The Friday before we were going to leave for Reno on Sunday, we pulled the screens one more time to check....... Can't be too careful you know........ Oh, S**T, got to change an engine. So much for being ready!!!

Hawkeye

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye
                            Last minute thrashes are the norm, rather than the exception.
                            I'm not sure I could function at a given race were there not an appropriate level of 'thrash' that had occurred in the days before. :-) It just seems to be a part of the 'joy'.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                              I'm not sure I could function at a given race were there not an appropriate level of 'thrash' that had occurred in the days before. :-) It just seems to be a part of the 'joy'.
                              Yeah, You know what happened once when we had the Bear ready for war a couple days early? Someone crossed the wires on the alternators and we spent two days digging in and replacing and replacing them. Yeah, thats some joy, Thanks for playing, next contestant!
                              John Slack

Comment

Working...
                              X