testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testing

I posted 2 threads and I don't see them. Sorry for this rookie manuver.

Darren

Re: testing

Originally posted by darren
    I posted 2 threads and I don't see them. Sorry for this rookie manuver.

Darren
    Darren,

you signed up under a new name.. All new registrations are automatically put into a review queue... Meaning, you become a member, you can post but your posts are reviewed before being online... once one of us sees that you're a real poster, we put your post online.. or, in my case, since I'm the admin and can do it, I make your registration full.. your posts show immediately...

Reason for this???

If we didn't do it, about 10 SPAM posts daily would show up. New membership, temporary email address to validate, one really nasty spam message then off to do it again, and again, and again with new membership and address each time.

You guys/gals don't see the messages but the admin and moderators do.

We have to delete the message and delete the member who did it..

It's the best way we can do it as of now... otherwise, this place would become totally out of control or, we'd have to manually approve each membership. I think this is a good comprimise.

Usually, within minutes or hours at worst, we see the post and get it done.

I actually saw your posts but assumed, since I know you and you have a membership, that the posts were online. Did not notice that you'd started a new username thing..

Fixed now, posts public..

Kill spammers, don't shoot the messengers..

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks for your help Wayne. Hope everything is going good for you. See ya at prs or in September.

Comment

Originally posted by darren
        Thanks for your help Wayne. Hope everything is going good for you. See ya at prs or in September.
        Darren,

I'm flying in on the 12th for PRS.. wouldn't miss PRS! Been to every single one since that VERY hot July first one! (anyone remember that one... ouch! It was HOT HOT HOT!)

Looking forward to being at Reno again (fourth time this year!) and seeing everyone again!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X