Collings Bombers over Napa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collings Bombers over Napa

Caught the Collings Foundation Bombers over Napa today. A HUGE thanks to those folks for their cooperation as well as the opportunity. Here are a few from today. Enjoy.

Dave
    Attached Files

Re: Collings Bombers over Napa

I saw the b17 and B24, but the B25 was MIA. I was at work, and heard the B17, and knew before I was out side what it was. About 3 min later the B24 came over as well. I wish I had my camera. My boss thought I was nuts, I dropped what I was doing and ran outside to see them fly over. I'm going to run out to the airport tomorrow with the camera, but it will be film, as my digital that is only 6 months old has died. (Don't buy a Kodak 7.1mp point and shoot, they are crap. ) Is there a camera throwing smiley?
    I guess I will have to shell out the $1500 for a real Nikon and hope I can make my manual focus lenses work.
    Ah the sound of a radial engines in the evening....

Will
    Last edited by RAD2LTR; 05-31-2007, 12:17 AM. Reason: fixing something

Comment

Great shots. Thanks for posting them.
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Great work Dave! They are going to be up this way soon.. I was HOPING to catch them down at the coast when they come there (just a few miles north of me) but it's JUSSSSST before PRS.. I *MAY* be able to work it, then jet to PDX and get my flight the next morning.. it'll be tight tho..

If I can't catch them at the beach (REALLY good backgrounds there) I'll try my best to catch them out at Aurora...

Great group, providing the unique, PRICELESS chance to taste history first hand.. .

VERY nice shots Dave!!

What lens? Setups?? We gotta start sharing that "info" stuff.. also.. want me to brand those and re up them for you?

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR
          I saw the b17 and B24, but the B25 was MIA. I was at work, and heard the B17, and knew before I was out side what it was. About 3 min later the B24 came over as well.

Maybe it did make it in. I had a similar experience at Moffett when I didn't see the twin in the pattern, only to find out later that the B-25 had passed by and landed first. I'm amazed that I had not heard a peep of those two big radials at all, because I certainly had no problem hearing the fours.

Comment

Well I know I can't wait, my two kids steped up to the plate and got me a ride next Thursday when it's at the Mc Minnville airport in Oregon. They were going to do it last year but I was at PRS. This is really cool because I volunteer every other Sunday at the Evergreen air museum and for about the last six months I have been doing the toures of our B-17. Now I'll know what it's like to actualy fly in one. I keep getting asked if I flew one in the war. Hey I know I have gray hair but I was just a kid when they were in WW2.

Comment

All three bombers will be at Klamath Falls Mon thru Th. Get a B-25 ride if Rollison is flying. Never been in one of those. Always wanted to trade the junkstang off for a super clean 25 and a bunch of cash, but just couldnt part with the fighter.

Comment

Working...
              X