Gathering of Mustangs - slightly OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering of Mustangs - slightly OT

I checked the list of Mustangs attending the event and it's up to 93 total so far! The number is sure to fluctuate, of course, but if they really get around 100 planes it will be amazing. Merlin overload!

Re: Gathering of Mustangs - slightly OT

Dang, I sure hope I can make it.

Jarrod

Comment

If you count serial numbers it's 97, I bet there will be around 110-115 mustangs total by the time september gets here

Comment

Originally posted by CG51
        If you count serial numbers it's 97, I bet there will be around 110-115 mustangs total by the time september gets here
        Dang... spoke with Jimmy Leeward yesterday, mentioned that I wasn't thinking I'd go. "oh, you can't miss this one"... said Jimmy...

Found myself researching airfare/hotel combos last night... looks like September will be a VERY busy month for AAFO.COM!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Shoot, there's gonna be enough current and former air racers there that you could have a pickup "Mustang race".

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
            Shoot, there's gonna be enough current and former air racers there that you could have a pickup "Mustang race".
            Are you going?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
              Are you going?

Jarrod
              No, I think my Mustang Roundup is going to be a trip in and around Duxford in November with Hacker.

Comment

Don't forget the planned highlight of the show - a 51 plane formation flight. I daresay none of us will ever get another chance to see that!

I'll have my new Nikon by then - better learn how to use it...

Comment

I hope when they do the 51 plane formation that they make several passes over the field for photo's . 1 pass won't be enough

Comment

Plane tickets, hotel, rent a car. Already paid for, see ya there...
                    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Let's see here....doing the math....Home from Reno late on the 17th....unpack....laundry.....mow lawns....service the harley.........2,374 Miles to Columbus...that's 12 gas stops...36 hours of riding...Hmmmmm OOPs!!! Forgot a stop in Vegas...
                      Looks doable!!!! Now....talk to wife.....
                      Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Originally posted by tonka1011
                        Awww.
                        Yeah...that was kind of my feeling.

Not exactly 51 Mustangs in formation....but since I have some connections with The Fighter Collection over there....we might just have a different kind of fun together.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                          Yeah...that was kind of my feeling.

Not exactly 51 Mustangs in formation....but since I have some connections with The Fighter Collection over there....we might just have a different kind of fun together.
                          Enjoy your trip to DX. I took Randy 'behind the ropes' at TFC when I met him there last November - he seemed to enjoy his visit.

PM me when you know dates, and I'll see if I can arrange something similar for you both.

Mike (ex-TFC volunteer now enjoying the California sunshine!)

Comment

I'll be there Fri-Sun. Finally something big I can drive to!!

Comment

Air fare to Columbus, OH...............................$450.00

Cost to stay at a fleabag hotel.......................$300.00

Rental car............................................... ...$129.00

Listening to 51 finely tuned Rolls Royce Merlin engines flying over head.............................................. ...................................

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yea......I'll be there.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X