Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BiPlane Class rules

First:
    does anyone have a link, or knowere I can get the 2007 Bi-Plane Class Rules. I can only find an outdate 2003 version.

Second:
    Can any one clarify the rules for me. The Biplane class (as I understand it) says that a Normally Aspirated Lycoming O360 of not greater than 180hp must be used. Does this mean No Fuel Injection is allowed....or just no Turbocharging.

thanks Everyone.

Re: BiPlane Class rules

sorry everyone...I forgot to mention.....This is for Racing up at Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
      Contact the Class President.

Dennis Brown
      does that mean that the rules aren't published , or that they aren't etched in stone?

Comment

I've asked for a copy for years, and always get "yeah.... yeah... got 'em some where, I'll get back to you......."
        I'm not sure there really are rules, seems like if they like you, it's OK.
        The web site is terrible, and they've had issues sticking with by-laws. Although they don't seem to be hurting for pilots, they could go a long way in presenting a more professional image. IMHO

Comment

If you have an O-360 of any designation that has parallel valve cylinder heads, you can do anything you want to the induction (Bendix FI, Ellison, pressure carb, whatever), ignition (mags, electronic, whatever), cam timing (any lift or duration), valve train (roller rockers), and combustion chambers (open up and polish to you hearts content). I think the max compression ratio is 11 to 1 (It was 10 to 1 when I was racing in '98,'99 but I think it was upped), and it cannot be supercharged (or turbo) and it cannot have nitrous or any additive in the fuel tank except pump gas (I always wanted to try nitro and propylene oxide, darn it), of which I always used 100/130 octane with the mags timed up until they hit the motor mount tubes (about thirty degrees).

IO-360 angle valve engines must be stock.

That is all I know, some of it could be wrong.

I was mailed a set of rules in 1998 by Denny Brown, so if you are racing up there you can procure them from him. I'm sure they'll be more up to date than mine!

Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
            If you have an O-360 of any designation that has parallel valve cylinder heads, you can do anything you want to the induction (Bendix FI, Ellison, pressure carb, whatever), ignition (mags, electronic, whatever), cam timing (any lift or duration), valve train (roller rockers), and combustion chambers (open up and polish to you hearts content). I think the max compression ratio is 11 to 1 (It was 10 to 1 when I was racing in '98,'99 but I think it was upped), and it cannot be supercharged (or turbo) and it cannot have nitrous or any additive in the fuel tank except pump gas (I always wanted to try nitro and propylene oxide, darn it), of which I always used 100/130 octane with the mags timed up until they hit the motor mount tubes (about thirty degrees).

IO-360 angle valve engines must be stock.

That is all I know, some of it could be wrong.

I was mailed a set of rules in 1998 by Denny Brown, so if you are racing up there you can procure them from him. I'm sure they'll be more up to date than mine!

Chris...
            thanks Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
              I've asked for a copy for years, and always get "yeah.... yeah... got 'em some where, I'll get back to you......."
              I'm not sure there really are rules, seems like if they like you, it's OK.
              The web site is terrible, and they've had issues sticking with by-laws. Although they don't seem to be hurting for pilots, they could go a long way in presenting a more professional image. IMHO
              ouch! I imagine this must cause problems from time to time...

Comment

Originally posted by fenceliner01
                ouch! I imagine this must cause problems from time to time...

Comment

ok, cool thanks everyone, I know Deni Brown.....he is checking me out in his S2 starting next week. I just wanted to make sure the S1-S I am buying is raceable.....hehehe.
                  thanks kids.....

Comment

Working...
                  X