• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BALONEY SLICER

Is this for real?
    Attached Files

Re: BALONEY SLICER

Um... Raidiator fans doing on the front of that thing?

That looks scary.

Comment

Another "600 mph" aircraft?

Comment

It's the "Vega-matic Special"! It slices, it dices and if it could fly you
        certainly wouldn't want it on your six. Suddenly Jimmy's Jetstang looks
        a lot more believable.

Comment

Actually.... I think it is "for real".... Can't give much history but I *think* this is the stepchild of the "MachBuster" project.

I'd be hesitant to discount anything you see with the group of individuals who are responsible for this aircraft..

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Looks cool but will it weigh 3000 lbs?
            Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Accualy it looks like one of those submersable hand held mixers.

If may be for real, but man that thing is ug-ly!

Comment

Hmmmm.... CG looks alittle far forward...I wonder if they are using an
                FW190D type radiator?

Comment

Are those big block chevy's?!? Didn't the pond racer already prove that automotive engines don't belong in the air?
                  That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full...

Comment

Wait, is that gear off of a glasair? uh-oh!
                    That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full...

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris
                      Hmmmm.... CG looks alittle far forward...I wonder if they are using an
                      FW190D type radiator?
                      I dunno. Looking at the shadow, the wings seems forward enough to balance OK. Must feel weird sitting so far back though.

Car engines are OK in planes, as long as you don't try to get max power from them as you do cars (more like 50% of what it could produce in a car is more do-able). Prop vibrations and loads are much more destructive to engines.

But putting two engines in tandem like that is gonna play hell on the crankshafts.

Heh! "Baloney racer" is a good name...It looks like something I saw in a hot dog bun earlier today...

Comment

It ought to sound great though!!! I remember drooling when Legend was making passes at Stead after the show on saturday(before she was fitted with a turbine). Lets give this guy the benefit of the doubt folks, all be it a different looking ship, it is 100% more doable then the Mach Buster ever thought of being. Is Dave gonna maiden it?
                        Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Sound Great is an understatement! Haven't heard two Big Blocks with open headers since the start carts for SR-71s!

Hey, if Chance-Vought can have a 'Flyin' Pancake', these folks can have a flyin' baloney slicer!

Can Dave move from tropical birds to lunchmeat processors is the BIG question.
                          Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

this has been beaten down on & made fun of. The pictures weren't for public release but they were. He told me where the pictures were sent,and forwarded to another site without his permission. Now that the cat is out of the bag, all the comments form the peanut gallery are understandable, but irritating to the builder/designer/owner/pilot.
                            David Rose is the pilot, he inherited mach buster and there was too much to fix to make it a viable project. The airframe twisted under a high power test. Renegade would have been a solid racer if Rara had lived up to their word, The plane was trucked to reno and displayed for rara, and was found to be legal with the addition of strobes at the wingtips for added visibility.
                            after the inspection & before the races the weight limit was moved to 4500 lbs minimum.
                            now David Rose designed a plane to fit the unlimited rules & everyone makes fun of the design, the renegade gear ,the "baloney slicer" cant we applaud the effort in trying to bring an unlimited racer to life? personally i think it looks kinda like the geebee R-1. the plane is well thought out, the motors are nascar spec engines, the frame is NHRA Top fuel spec dragster, its over built & will come in under 4500 ramp weight with ballast added at cg to make weight. Dave has always been a straight shooter and has always had time to field questions about any of his projects.
                            i say let him finish it, let him fly it, let him race it, then if it doesn't work, then make fun of it.
                            as for running the pylons at reno dont hold your breath, too much politics
                            for that to happen

Comment

Apologies to the owner if the comments seem to come across as cruel (they weren't intended to hurt anyone intentionally, of course), but it's an extremely unusual aircraft, and as you stated, will draw comments.

The "Baloney Slicer" label most certainly originated with the oddball propeller on the front, and not the airframe layout. Any explanation as to what that's about? Is it a joke, or some sort of unusual, ultra-hi-tech, counter-rotating prop? It almost looks like the blades have reverse pitch in the photos.

Asked by one of those racefan "peanuts"...

Comment

Working...
                              X