Jim Dunn Files Photo Report from Chino Air Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Dunn Files Photo Report from Chino Air Show

One of the nicest and equally quietest photographers who you will meet within the circuit of airshows and air races across the country is one Jim Dunn.

With a vast history of coverage within the California area and the Reno Air Races, we're proud to present a story filed by Jim from the Planes of Fame Air Museum, Chino Air Show!

Enjoy!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Jim Dunn Files Photo Report from Chino Air Show

Great story. I saw Skidoo at the Indianapolis Air Show last year. I added the photo from my little point and shoot job. I'm not a pro, ok?

Attached Files
    Last edited by MikeS; 05-19-2007, 07:12 AM. Reason: Added picture
    Mike S
    www.indyairshow.com
    www.indytransponder.com

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS
      Great story. I saw Skidoo at the Indianapolis Air Show last year. I added the photo from my little point and shoot job.
      We're really happy to get a story by Jim Dunn! Jim's one of the guys who just seems to be everywhere there's something going on in the west coast aviation scene...

He also has a fairly deep collection of Reno history from what I understand... We're hoping to get him to dig into his collection and share some of it on the site!!

Cross fingers...

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Fingers crossed
        Mike S
        www.indyairshow.com
        www.indytransponder.com

Comment

Hey Mike,

Same show, different angle...

Warren
          Attached Files

Comment

Great story and photos Mr. Dunn. Thanks.

By the way, did somebody say Lightningses (like in plural)?
            Attached Files
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Emagine if you would for just a moment..

If.. and I do mean IF. Reb Bull decided to keep White Lightining here in the states for ... oh lets just say 3 or 4 years.

They team up with the other 3 flying P-38s that we have here, and hit the differant aie shows around the country. Do a 15 minute show showing the abilitites of the P-38, and some really nice formation flying.

We would have something most of us have never seen before, (or have really only drempt of), and probibly wouldnt ever see again. 4 wonderfully restored, flying P-38s together.

Ok back to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
                Emagine if you would for just a moment..

If.. and I do mean IF. Reb Bull decided to keep White Lightining here in the states for ... oh lets just say 3 or 4 years.

They team up with the other 3 flying P-38s that we have here, and hit the differant aie shows around the country. Do a 15 minute show showing the abilitites of the P-38, and some really nice formation flying.

We would have something most of us have never seen before, (or have really only drempt of), and probibly wouldnt ever see again. 4 wonderfully restored, flying P-38s together.

Ok back to reality.
                I think for most of us, seeing the three together for the first time was quite an incredible feat, and probably will not be repeated elsewhere. Great show put on by the Planes Of Fame folks, and nice pictures from Jim Dunn.

Waren, I was at Saturday's show only, sorry I missed ya.........

Comment

Warren,
                  Nice shot...Thanks for posting it. You going to be at Indy again this year?

Mike
                  Mike S
                  www.indyairshow.com
                  www.indytransponder.com

Comment

Planning on it...have to wait for next shift/vacation bid to see if the day will be available. Hopefully, the rain will not be back...although it was good for a laugh... thankfully we drove the motorhome and moved it to the edge of the parking area nearest the showline west end, opened up the awning and waited for the rain to stop.

I understand the Thunderbirds are to be back, but have not heard of other aircraft for show or display...

Will have to try and meet up....

Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Cain
                      I think for most of us, seeing the three together for the first time was quite an incredible feat, and probably will not be repeated elsewhere. Great show put on by the Planes Of Fame folks, and nice pictures from Jim Dunn.
                      Yes, lets not let the "what ifs" ruin the "really happened". It was really a moment to see the three survivng flyable P-38s fly over, I was sitting there realizing that wasn't going to happen again for years taking it in.
                      John Slack

Comment

Working...
                      X