Snowbird down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowbird down?

Just had a local news clip that said one of the Snowbirds went down around Great Falls MT this evening (Fri). Anyone from the northern states heard any details?

Scott

Re: Snowbird down?

Oh man... This is really sad.

We simply have to stop killing demo pilots, period!

Sad Sad Sad!

My heart goes out to friends and family....

Very Very Sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      ...what about the rest of the pilots? Or just regular old people, even?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
        ...what about the rest of the pilots? Or just regular old people, even?
        Weellllll Randy.. .since you *always* seem to take exception to what I write.. Here's my take.

Average Joe and his body Politique like to knee jerk.. They don't like aiports but they like to fly places, they don't like air shows but they attend. Every time an airplane goes down, they look for someone to blame.

If an airliner goes down, of course, that's always a tragedy and, again, of course, worthy of whatever investigation is necessary to find out what happened so efforts to keep mistakes from happening will take place..

Now, we have one jet team demo pilot after another going down, sprinkled with the odd civilian demo pilot going down and Joe Citzen and his duly elected representitives find this bandwagon or that to hitch their buggy to..

Get my drift?

One of these days Hacker, you and me gonna have to tie one on so you can get a chance to know ME.. not the ME that you've probably been told about..

Cheesh..

I *think* we're on the same team brah...

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Plane Broke Formation During Practice ANN REALTIME REPORTING 05.18.07 2200 EDT: A Canadian Forces Snowbirds demonstration team pilot was killed Frida| Published: Sat, May 19, 2007 | Aero-News Network

Aw, man. Another one? That's the only problem with this hobby/sport....It's too damn unforgiving of human errors or mechanical failure.

Prayers spoken...

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 05-18-2007, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Oh man... This is really sad.

Sad Sad Sad!

My heart goes out to friends and family....

Very Very Sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            And how do you propose to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson
              And how do you propose to do that?
              S h i t Matt, I don't know... Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Trust me, I wasn't jumping on any sort of "bandwagon" by expressing my thoughts... I'mjust remembering what the local attitude was when we parked a Hunter in a neighborhood next to our local airshow here in the PDX area...

STOP AIRSHOWS...

That said, standing on the outside, when a rash of this stuff happens.. am I the only one who stops and wonders, what to hell is going on?

How do the most well trained pilots in the world manage to lose it so friggin often?

Are demo pilots trying so hard to thrill us groundlings and their peers that they are taking unnecessary chances?

If so.. my message to them would be.. please, don't do it! 50' 100' 200'... hell, we can't hardly tell the difference..

Anyway.. was just some random thoughts after a beer or two and a glass of red..

Carry on..

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Weellllll Randy.. .since you *always* seem to take exception to what I write.. Here's my take.

<SNIP>

I *think* we're on the same team brah...

Yup, definitely. I was just poking a stick in it, which I've been known to do on occasion!

You're on for that tie-one-on. Definitely.

Comment

For all those whiners Wayne mentioned...

That is all.....Carry on.

Comment

Comment

.. not the ME that you've probably been told about..
                      Wow...

Comment

And what about the nobody naysayers who die just sitting in the front of a tv .... sawying or playing the crumudgin (sp?) role?

bm

Comment

Originally posted by tonka1011
                          And what about those that die everyday on our roads and freeways. . .in a CAR... that NEVER got the chance to do what they might most love and dream of. Should we stop driving?
                          Ask anyone doing this, airshows and racing and I'd bet they would most likely tell you that they'd rather live to see another day, but not if it meant not following the chance to do what they had always loved and dreamed of!

JMurphy

Comment

Ok....watched this thread for a few days......I am truly sorry for the pilots we've lost lately and thru the passing years...and their loved ones left behind... I can say that 100% of them were doing what they really wanted to do...and if the chance of major injuries or death was always there, they still went with their dreams....!!!!
                            Hacker....you are the only active military pilot that I know right now....it's your job at this time to put your life on the line....and even more so a couple of years ago in Iraq! I really doubt that you would chose any place else to be at this time in your life!......well....maybe, but as Goss says....that's still a fantasy that alot of us are still dreaming about.....LOL

I won't compare stoopid pilots (yes that is spelled right) to highly decorated and experienced pilots....but if you are doing what you always wanted to do....You know in the back of your mind that something can go wrong....in or out of your control at that or any moment!!!

So.....with all this in mind......here is my thought and what I've always said........."In reality, I would want to die Sneezing!"

Bottom line..........someone, somewhere, somehow....would "Bless Me"...

Cheers!!!
                            Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Working...
                            X