• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its time for the Aro archives

enjoy Shawn photo by my dad
    Attached Files

Re: its time for the Aro archives

Dr. Harrison....Reno 1979. Love the adi overboard vent under the left wing.

For a plane that essentially had been 'pickled' for 10 years, the Doc made a pretty good showing for ol' E.D.

Comment

Did race #49 ever sport the red number while in Weiner's ownership? I know it was green in 1968, but I have never seen a photo from 69!

T J

Comment

Originally posted by T J Johansen
        Did race #49 ever sport the red number while in Weiner's ownership? I know it was green in 1968, but I have never seen a photo from 69!

T J
        Yes, it had the red 49 in 1969. I THINK that this was because the x-country racer had the STP sponsorship and was painted red. But it did have a red 49 in the one heat race that E.D. competed in that year.

Besides...it was E.D.s nature to change the paint scheme SOMEHOW on the planes each year.

Comment

Awesome Shawn, Thanks for sharing that with us.

I had to mess with it a little, hope you don't mind
          Attached Files
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Thats fine Victor i did crop it a little i have Photo shop the Edcautional versional Shawn

Comment

N335J.....My favorite...Thanks for sharing Shawn! RG

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!
              Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
              RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Wow, someday when I grow up, I wanna have one of my photos doctored by the Alien.

Thanks for the pic, Shawn and Vic.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I am trying to come up with a surprise photo i have my dad looking for it its going to be good so when we find it i put it up Shawn

Comment

Working...
                  X