Thunder Over Reno Last Shooting Days Sneek Peek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Over Reno Last Shooting Days Sneek Peek

I'm home and figured out a way to use my laptop card slot to get images on the puter!!

I hate to be "sneaky" but the shots were done for promotional purposes.. meaning, I can't put the best of them up here prior to release elsewhere but I sure can put *some* up after selections have been made..

This one really is just a peek at what we managed to get. It was extremely bumpy and we never managed to get the formation to align "as briefed" but did manage some "super" shots... I'll leave that to yer imagination!

VERY special thanks to the entire flight, the Odegaard's, Rob Challens and especially our good friend John Parker of American Air Racing (Blue Thunder Air Racing) for the use of the "Photo Seneca" for this session.

More to come!
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Thunder Over Reno Last Shooting Days Sneek Peek

If that's an outake, I can't wait to see the "good ones."
    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Thanks for posting, looks great to me.
      Will Miss America be there in September?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
        Thanks for posting, looks great to me.
        Will Miss America be there in September?

Jarrod
        Truthfully, I can't remember if I asked that question but I believe I did and remember the answer was yes...

I do remember asking if the engine in her was the racer and it was not....

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I obviously have not seen this film yet, but thought that it might be a good idea for the film to be released (probably on the DVD) in two versions.
          The first being the full cinema version and the second being aimed at people like us with as much of the flying as possible and a very minimal story. I have seen some DVD's e.g. What the bleep down the rabbit hole
          (a good film if you are interested in quantum physics) where this can be selected from the menu, with scenes being dynamically added.
          Simply having two versions of the film available on the one DVD would be OK.
          The making of TOR should also be included on the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Reno_Steve
            I obviously have not seen this film yet, but thought that it might be a good idea for the film to be released (probably on the DVD) in two versions.
            The first being the full cinema version and the second being aimed at people like us with as much of the flying as possible and a very minimal story.

Heh-heh. Maybe the movie will be wildly successful (not likely, but hopeful).

If it is, then like other successful flicks like Star Wars and Superman, we will eventually get a "The Making of THUNDER OVER RENO" documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Reno_Steve
              The first being the full cinema version and the second being aimed at people like us with as much of the flying as possible and a very minimal story. I have seen some DVD's e.g. What the bleep down the rabbit hole
              (a good film if you are interested in quantum physics) where this can be selected from the menu, with scenes being dynamically added.
              Simply having two versions of the film available on the one DVD would be OK.
              The making of TOR should also be included on the DVD.
              Steve, I won't pretend I know much about how the movie business works but from a conversation with one of the principals of "FlyBoys" and from what I've absorbed hanging around with the crew of Thunder Over Reno... a lot of the final stuff really depends on what sort of deal is struck with a film distributor..

Rest assured, the folks doin' the movie know they have a treasure chest of some extremely unique aviation footage and they want to do as much as humanly possible with it...

Can't speak for them but I know it's really going to depend on what sort of distro/marketing deal is struck...

Keep your fingers crossed! I've seen little of the motion stuff (enough to know it's SUPER) but have been on scene when all of the aviation footage (racing) was shot and I know what they have is golden!

TORDP (in the back of Stang with cutdown canopy) has best seat in house here.. one can only imagine the angles he's getting... annnnd.. the real photoship for this week of shooting had not even arrived yet!

Attached Files
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Good to see Miss America back in the air. I sure hope she makes it this year.

Comment

I agree with Shawn....

Precious Metal II needs some nose art.

Comment

How about a Vargas-styled, hottie prospector?

(A carbon-neutral, andro-type named "Pat" to avoid sexist and global warming controversies. )
                    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

enjoy Shawn
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                        I agree with Shawn....

Precious Metal II needs some nose art.
                        Actually, PM2 is going back to her originally intended stock paint scheme (before being drafted into "Hollywood") plan after Oshkosh....

Annnnd.... some talking was done there to get help here on the board for "effect" painting looks..

From what I gather, Gerry (I believe that is how "the real Gerry Beck" spells his first name, I'll have to look again at his card) wants to paint it as a "working" A model... complete with scuffs and gun soot...

Sometime between then and now, the call will go out for some PS effect stuff in photos or profile stuff..

Nose art, unless it's gonna be done as a certain plane, might well be sumptn that happens..

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                          Actually, PM2 is going back to her originally intended stock paint scheme (before being drafted into "Hollywood") plan after Oshkosh....

Annnnd.... some talking was done there to get help here on the board for "effect" painting looks..

From what I gather, Gerry (I believe that is how "the real Gerry Beck" spells his first name, I'll have to look again at his card) wants to paint it as a "working" A model... complete with scuffs and gun soot...

Sometime between then and now, the call will go out for some PS effect stuff in photos or profile stuff..

Nose art, unless it's gonna be done as a certain plane, might well be sumptn that happens..

You know...might be kind of cool to still keep the name. Maybe not in the same style of lettering or as 'gaudy'....but you know, it might be fun in a 'dirty' OD style camo job.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                            Steve, I won't pretend I know much about how the movie business works but from a conversation with one of the principals of "FlyBoys" and from what I've absorbed hanging around with the crew of Thunder Over Reno... a lot of the final stuff really depends on what sort of deal is struck with a film distributor..

Rest assured, the folks doin' the movie know they have a treasure chest of some extremely unique aviation footage and they want to do as much as humanly possible with it...

Can't speak for them but I know it's really going to depend on what sort of distro/marketing deal is struck...

I have an employee who used to be an independent producer. It is ALL about the distribution deal. That is how they make their money. Little else really matters. Like everyone here, I would love to buy an "all flying scenes" version, but the cost to create it vs the small available pool of whack job customers (us) doesn't bode well.

Okay do it again, but I want you to fly lower and faster next time!
                            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                              You should be a politician.

All those words... and nothing specific.
                              Ewe are being a bratchild!

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X