Need pix of Bill Ammirata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need pix of Bill Ammirata

Hope Speed or Neil or someone can come up with pix of Bill Ammirata when he was crewing on Miss America when Bud was the pilot around 1985.
    He is to be the object of the 9th Annual Bud Granley Roast, held by the Cascade Warbirds, in Bremerton, WA on May 12th. Thanks for any help.
    Betty

Re: Need pix of Bill Ammirata

Somewhere I have/had a photo of him and Bud standing around with those 'winged' baseball caps....but that's about it.

As 'ugly' as Ammirata is, I wouldn't want to waste any film on him. (Though I'll go to the restaurant any time....)

Thinking of it, I haven't talked to Bill in a couple of years...I think the last time was at the MOF "air race" panel discussion. What a character. One of a kind, to be sure. If we could ever get him to get on this board, I'm sure he'd have a million stories to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
      If we could ever get him to get on this board, I'm sure he'd have a million stories to tell.
      But they just wouldn't be the same without the "unique" expressions and Italian animation.

Comment

LOL....YOU try grabbing Bill's hands!

Comment

Bill has recently sold his bar, Ammirato's Airshow Bar & Grill in Bremerton. He still works there, but has had colon or stomach Ca surgery. He's doing OK, but "growly" according to Bud. Any of you in the Seattle/Bremerton area would be welcome at the dinner. It will be at the diner at the Bremerton Airport, Sat., May 12th. No host bar and order off the menu. Come and bring stories about Bill. He doesn't know he's "it", and won't read this, because he does not have a computer.
          Speed - if you have one, e-mail it to me and I will print it. If you come, bring it.
          Betty

Comment

The Cascade Warbirds call it the BG Annual Roast because Bud was our first roastee. Jerry Janes was the MC and was good, as only Jerry can be with all the stories. The next year, he was all ready to do it again, and had everyone hand in a list of words meaning small or short. He proceeded to read them, but was interupted by the real MC of the evening, who then proceeded to roast Mr. Janes. Bud told some very interesting stories, as you, who know both of these fine gentlemen, can attest to. With the inter-marriage of their kids, can you imagine what the table conversations must be?
            Betty

Comment

Working...
            X