Any Rare Bear Updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Rare Bear Updates?

Its been a while since we have heard anything on the Bear. Anyone have any sort of update? If not, when can we expect some news to be made "public"?

Re: Any Rare Bear Updates?

Originally posted by BJH
    Its been a while since we have heard anything on the Bear. Anyone have any sort of update? If not, when can we expect some news to be made "public"?
    Drove by hangar last weekend.

Still "Bear" metal.
    Nothing mounted firewall forward
    Engine horizontally mounted on engine stand near fuselage.
    Four bladed prop on mobile stand just outside of hangar.

I did not stop to talk or enter the hangar because I didn't want to bother anybody and also didn't want to get trapped into a non-disclosure situation. Everything I saw was from a public vantage point.

Comment

I had herd a rumor that the Bear had been moved, but I guess from your account that rumor is not true...
      Six week to PRS...
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

i herd they used sand paper to removed the paint Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
            i herd they used sand paper to removed the paint Shawn
            Typically you remove the paint and aerodynamic surfacing compound (Bondo ) with paint stripper and then the final work removing the stubborn stuff is with sand paper. That is probably what they did.

Comment

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me it will be the same white and gold with the purple trim. Thats what she looked like when I fell in love with her...... If not I will feel like I did when Brittany Spears shaved her head... It's just not the same... Rod if your listening......... Just some thoughts from a poor boy in texas
              Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

No, no , no....purple and white is the REAL bear paint scheme. Right Speedy? Now where is the pot stirring smiley?

Comment

Well.. .to be honest, I hope Rod makes an "it's my F -'n airplane" statement and paints the sucker however his heart and eye feels like it ought to be painted!

The man paid a nice price for a racer, he's doing what needed to be done to make it a better racer. I don't care if the damn thing is lime green with pink polka dots. I'm gonna be there to shake his hand and thank him for not only KEEPING the Rare Bear racing but ponying up a ton of $$ to ensure that it's a top notch, pretty much totally restored racer!

If any of ya give the man any grief for WHATEVER HE PAINTS HIS Airplane.. well..

pooty on ya..

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Expertly stated Wayno, and there needs to be some change in this sport. Changing the look of Rare Bear is a great start. A fresh look, and like Wayne says, I will applaud if the thing is painted pink with yellow polka dots. But, I am hoping for another PIMPING paint scheme, ala September Pops. BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drugs and paint do not mix.

Dave

Comment

Dave... check's in the mail..

Call me tomorrow (cell) (I'll PM ya da numba)

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
                        No, no , no....purple and white is the REAL bear paint scheme. Right Speedy? Now where is the pot stirring smiley?
                        Naw, got my hand smacked too many times in the cookie jar over this one. I mean, I kept asking Lyle all the time when he was gonna quit screwing around and put the purple back on. His comment always was that the 'gold' just sort of fit what he was looking for.

Best I can do is know that in my 'air race utopia', the Bear is, was, and always will be white with purple trim and gold pin striping....as it should be.

Comment

I'm with Wayne, any color she's still Rare Bear. But, I do hope they paint that tire trailer as well LOL.

Comment

To be honest I don't give a sh!t what color it is... But geezzzzz people all this hostility over a paint color...

Any way Wayne is right it will have some kind of polka dot scheme...

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Neon Shawn

Comment

Working...
                              X