formatting you cf card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• formatting you cf card

well i goof i formatted my cf card and erase all my pictures no i know to make a copy of that ops Shawn

Re: formatting you cf card

Shawn,

Did your card come with a cd? My disk came with a program to recapture images if deleted in error....Not sure if it works or not.

I hope I never have to try it...

Warren

Comment

If you delete, I think you can rescue. Once you reformat, I believe they are gone forever.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
        If you delete, I think you can rescue. Once you reformat, I believe they are gone forever.
        Tim, actually they should still be there even with a format... Provided you've not recorded anything over them.

I believe a lot of folks use a program called photorescue but there are some that are out there that are free.

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

When you buy Sandisk Extreme cards they come with the software free. I just picked up two 4GB Extreme III cards for $79 a piece.

Comment

and I will probably order one this weekend.

Jarrod

Comment

I just picked up two 4GB Extreme III cards for $79 a piece.
              Man o man, cards are getting cheap these days. I think I paid $100 for my 1gb cards not too long ago.
              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
              My Photos
              My Ride

Comment

I just picked up two 4GB Extreme III cards for $79 a piece.
                Tim - Did you buy those online? If so, could you let me know which site? I just bought a Digital Rebel XT (first digital I've ever owned) and I need to pick up a couple of CF cards. That price is better than anything I've seen locally...

Thanks in advance for the help.
                Mark Johnson
                Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Transcend 8gb CF 120x $75.99

I now have four of these, spent over $200. for the first one. They have come down in price a LOT... I have had zero problems with them and though they are (on paper) not as fast as the Ultra III's, I have never seen any issues "scatter shooting" with my 12+ MP D2X... Buffer seems to flush quite fast.

Some folks don't seem to think that an 8gb card is a good idea.. With a dual layer DVD, you can copy the entire thing for backup purposes but usually, there are going to be, at least, 50% non-keepers anyway so a 4gb DVD will do for backup, usually and is much cheaper!

I'd rate them a hearty

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by MustangFan
                    Tim - Did you buy those online? If so, could you let me know which site? I just bought a Digital Rebel XT (first digital I've ever owned) and I need to pick up a couple of CF cards. That price is better than anything I've seen locally...

Thanks in advance for the help.
                    I think it was www.mydigitaldiscount.com

Just Google Sandisk Extreme CF cards. They are priced about the same anywhere online.
                    Cheaper than I paid here at Amazon.com, only $72.95.

Myself, I will only buy Sandisk, they have never failed, and they are the most highly held CF card on many forums.

Comment

Tim - Thanks for the information. I checked out the site and ordered a couple of 4GB Sandisk Extreme III cards. That should hopefully give me enough storage..for a while at least.
                      Mark Johnson
                      Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

On B and H there are 4GB Extreme III cards for $56.95 after a mail in rebate. The 16GB Extreme III cards are 169.95 after the mail in rebate.

Jarrod

Comment

At Adorama with the rebate it is 39.95

Jarrod

Comment

Adorama Sandisk rebate

But, as I've just found out, the mail-in rebate is only good for 1 card. So if you buy 2, you end up paying full price for the second.

Comment

Working...
                            X