ShawnAid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShawnAid

OK guys - I know most of you have read about Shawn's situation with his 80-400 VR lens. Now I've known Shawn for alomst as long as I've been going to Reno - and a more genuine kind-hearted soul you will NEVER come accross.... His giving nature to the board with his incite and pictures plays testiment to that fact. We also know that the PRS is right around the corner and it would be a shame (a real tradgedy really) to see this photographer without his primary lens for this event, and Reno as well. So here is what I intend to do to help - because Shawn is my friend... and a friend in need is one that you cannot just turn a blind eye to.

I will match dollar for dollar any help that this community can offer to help him reach that $600 goal. In that spirit, I will put up the first $50 towards the money he needs to get his lens repaired. So that means we need to raise $450 (or $275 with the same in matching funds) to reach the goal.

The deadline will be May 8th (two weeks). After that point, we will tally up what we have and I'll cut a check for Shawn. Just post up what you can donate - and either paypal (with a note that says "ShawnAid") to AAFO or send a check to Wayne. Your word is good enough for me

So join with me to help out one great guy that just needs a little help through the ruff spots. Give what you can comfortably afford - and the rest will be taken care of.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Mark K....

Re: ShawnAid

What happened to Shawn's lens? I missed this one...

But I'm in for 40 bucks, to help a friend...

Neal

Comment

Hey Mark, thanks for picking up the torch for Shawn... I'm in for $40. also...

Wish I could do more...

Shawn links us all to a lot of history and helping in any way any of us can is good juju!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Tell you what Wayne - just reroute that check you were gonna send to me and put it all in the ktty for Shawns lens.

BTW, what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by fenceliner01
          Tell you what Wayne - just reroute that check you were gonna send to me and put it all in the ktty for Shawns lens.

BTW, what happened?
          LOL... I'm still scratching my head wondering where the first one I sent you went but god works in strange ways! Maybe the rerouting was done in a higher place a while ago getting ready for this moment of need...

OK then... With Neal's 40 and the 160 that my 40 and last year's Photo Party kickin from AAFO, we're at 200.....

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

You got it, Buddy...don't know ANYBODY at Reno who has more history IN HIS HEAD than Shawn...D.

Comment

Wayne - Can you pin this thread to the top of the board for a couple of days? I don't want it to fall off the page.

C'mon, everybody. Break out the chisels and crack open the wallets! It's for a good cause!

Comment

Count me in for $20. You're right about the history and I really like the great photos that come out of the Aro archive.

Comment

I'll throw in $50 from the "Warlock" crew for our buddy Shawn!

Where do I send it and what the hell happened Shawn?? RG
                  Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                  RIP 03/17/10

Comment

I'm in for $20.00
                    Betty

Comment

Not trying to be greedy here, but there's lots of people on this board who can help out, and as nice as Mark's offer was, wouldn't it be nicer if he didn't have to match the contributions?

Thanks to everybody who's kicked in so far.

Originally posted by chixfly2
                      I'm in for $20

-50 from Cobra
                      -40 from wingman
                      -40 from Wayners
                      -120 from Fenceliner (via Wayners)
                      -20 skyracer
                      -40 Baby Goss
                      -20 Dasher

We've made the 275 goal and there is 270 left.
                      If Cobra is still willing to match funds, we've made our goal.

Is this enuf, or do we need more?

Comment

Gee Wayne -- you oughtta be on NPR...

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                          Do I hear another 20 coming in from the field?
                          Nope put me in for $40
                          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

For those curious as to what happened to Shawn - here is the story he posted here in the forums:
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 80-400 VR lens
                            well iam very upset, my dad recently bought a D 200 and i was helping him with some things on it that didnt get i went to get my bag out and i had my 80 -400 lens on my f100 and it was broken at the barrel of the lens ???? i didnt used it sinse last at Reno it was in my all this time i dont know how this happen but i took it down to have it look at i only had it sinse last june and it has a warrenty but the sales person said she doesnt think Nikon will repalce it with the warrenty i explane to her it was in my Camrac back packin my closet sitting up just dont know how that happen ?

and a followup posted by Shawn:

impack damage
                            well a few weeks ago i wroke about my 80-400 vr lens well got a n estemented of 600.00 to have it repared and the warrenty got voided for impack damage iam trying to call Nikon about this. Shawn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A huge thanks from those that have donated so far. You guys & gals are awesome
                            Mark K....

Comment

Put me down for $50. I love looking at all the historical stuff Shawn has posted over the years....

I'd prefer to send a check, so just tell me to whom and where.
                              Mark Johnson
                              Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Working...
                              X