No announcement yet.

Motorcycle cops of twenty years ago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle cops of twenty years ago...

OK children -- Here's an appropriate spot to discuss what you thought about the ramp Nazis of the distant past!

Much better manners to start a new discussion where those who don't care don't have to deal with it.

Definitely some short attention spans these days, and a lot of folks who mistake free association for commentary and mistake banter for discussion.

So have at it kids.....

Re: Motorcycle cops of twenty years ago...

I think I understand Neal and Victor's frustration on subsequent thread content effectively burying their work in their posts..

I'd like to suggest going back to the way we used to do things.. submit a "story" so to speak with photos and I'll grind and roll it up into a presentation on the main part of the site with a link of "discuss this story here" type thing at the end..

Takes a little more time, everyone's work is protected with a brand (if not already applied, I do it) and stories don't get buried...

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

LOL -- Thread nazi or not, what I do is and has for many years been a Hell of a lot of work. I meant the thread to be humourous and interesting, but I think any reasonable person would look at what happened and say "Holy Puppy Diarrhea, Batman -- what the Hell happened here?" There could have been interesting and fun (yes even humourous) talk of P-40s, John Paul, Fred Sebby -- any number of somewhat relevant topics other than this particularly inane muttering about **** that had nothing to do with airplanes, nothing to do with my intentions, and that happened twenty years ago...

Y'all are quite free not to look at my stuff -- don't mean nothin to me whether you do or not. If you don't like what I do, fine -- I'd hope there are a few that do. (well ... maybe -- I guess I don't really know that...)

I don't need this place for feedback -- I have a huge ego and I know I'm good... I can perfectly happily lurk her for news, and post my photographs on any of several other sites that cater to a reasonably adult audience.

It's all the same to me, kids...

The Wingman

Comment

Missie -- Thanks for the reply. I did not take any of it as derogatory at all, I just thought it was inane drivel, and totally out of place. Like I said before -- free association is not thinking, nor is it discussion!

Comment

Hey, you're quick, Girl -- your Mama didn't raise no dummy!

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2

that has the whole house laughing

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer
              I'll prolly get flamed and even scolded by Wayne for this, but so be it.
              No scolding from me for anyone... I highly respect Neal's photos and understand that we get a bit off drift here at times but that's the nature of the beast.

I used to belong to a (now gone) photographer forum where the owner/moderator was truly a board nazi... even got banned for a while for a rather mild "discussion" with a fellow shooter.. Had to promise I'd be good...

While I see that we become a bit nonsensical here at times, I do not see the need nor have the desire to be that heavy handed....

Insult someone, use photos without permission, things along that line.. yea.. out comes the swastika and we go at it...

I can see Neal was insulted with all this but I don't see where there was intent to do so...

NOW... that said.. this discussion IS beginning to escalate into the realm of being insulting.... So let's be careful how we both state things and how we TAKE things that are said...

Use of words like "children" and the reactions to that can come across as a challenge to some and might cause this "discussion" to esclate into something none of us want..

OK?

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What crap, and how "Holier than Thou"? I love great photography no matter who does it -- Hell, it certainly doesn't even need to be at all great, if it's interesting, and even more so if it starts an interesting conversation. I certainly don't think mine is any more worthwhile than anybody else's. I just think it's good, and I like it.

Like I said before, if you don't like it don't look. All I ask is that discussion, commentary, and (Yes) humour, be somewhat on topic and interesting to most of those who find the photos interesting. Doesn't seem like a whole lot to ask...

I value interesting conversation even more than great photography! That was not great conversation. I'm sorry -- that's just how I see things.

Starting a new thread is free and easy guys. You're more than welcome to copy and paste one of my pictures into a new thread and go to it. Then YOUR conversation can go wherever you want it to...

Comment

I do sincerely apologize if I insulted anybody here. I truly did not intend to, and I do very much value this community. I admit my language looks a little strong, in looking back on it. I do think the issue is a real one, though, and that it's worth us giving some thought to...

I'm not too hot on the idea of formalizing what I see as fairly casual and spontaneous postings of pictures, questions, or conversation. I'd just like to see threads regarded sometimes as a reasonably focussed conversation rather than always wandering off into the boonies or the showing off of witty repartee that has nothing to do with the conversation, that's all.

But I do apologize for my language...

Comment

And I hope my comment to Marilyn, who I consider a friend (and funny) (at least I considered her a friend before all this -- now... who knows??) did not come accross as an insult or sarcastic -- it was meant to be humourous...

Heck, I've probably known Marilyn longer than most folks here..

Plus -- as I remember she wasn't even part of the interchange that bugged me so much!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
                      I do sincerely apologize if I insulted anybody here. I truly did not intend to, and I do very much value this community. I admit my language looks a little strong, in looking back on it. I do think the issue is a real one, though, and that it's worth us giving some thought to...

I'm not too hot on the idea of formalizing what I see as fairly casual and spontaneous postings of pictures, questions, or conversation. I'd just like to see threads regarded sometimes as a reasonably focussed conversation rather than always wandering off into the boonies or the showing off of witty repartee that has nothing to do with the conversation, that's all.

But I do apologize for my language...
                      Ah man, we know your from Canada, so we understand.

Comment

Like I said before, if you don't like it don't look. All I ask is that discussion, commentary, and (Yes) humour, be somewhat on topic and interesting to most of those who find the photos interesting. Doesn't seem like a whole lot to ask......
                        But your photo told a story, we saw it and commented...........unfortunantly part of the story was about the "ramp nazis".

Comment

Hey -- it's this endless winter up here -- not quite like sunny Texas (though didn't Texas get snowed on a couple of weeks ago?)

Comment

Y'all are quite free not to look at my stuff -- don't mean nothin to me whether you do or not. If you don't like what I do, fine -- I'd hope there are a few that do. (well ... maybe -- I guess I don't really know that...)
                            I do!

Jarrod

Comment

I sense a little "cabin fever" taking hold of all of us.
                              GROUP HUG!!!
                              BTW nobody has yet to say a word about the motorcycle cops, Reno's finest. Looks like another hijack Neal....
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X