• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any know this mustang

my dad gave me this taken at Livermore 1973 Shawn
    Attached Files

Re: does any know this mustang

Race #85
    The warbird registry follows the history of all North American Aviation P-51 Mustangs that survived military service.

P-51 Mustang Who? Case: 43 - May 15 2000 - Bill Green / N311G - EAA Rockford '68 - Status: Closed, Serial: 44-72145, Registry: N311G. World War II, North American P-51 Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

you got it it was Clay Klabo Fat cat Shawn
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome stuff Shawn! Thank you for sharing it with us!
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

welcome Victor all the best Shawn

Comment

NICE! That had to be just before Clay painted it in the all-black "Iron Mistress" colors.

Thanks, Shawn.

Comment

I am well known for my opinion on air racer paint jobs, so this probably won't come as a suprise;
              That Iron Mistress scheme was horrible, and it would have shown much better in the white scheme (first time I ever saw it, had seen it in the red and white though).

To Clay's credit, he made it one of the nicest looking Mustang psuedo-warbird schemes ever when it became Fat Cat in the green scheme.

I see this airplane fell victim to yet another "vanity plate" registration change. Like so many famous Mustangs, like N332, this one left it's cool N311G reg to satisfy the new owners whim.

Oh well, it's his to change as he likes. I think we all need about five more Petie 2nd, Lou IV in blue, and Glamorous Glennis's out here anyway, NOT!

Chris...

Comment

Agreed. The Fat Cat scheme was MUCH better than the Iron Mistress paint job. One of my all-time favorite 'super-stockers'...and I loved it when Clay finished 2nd in 1982!

Imagine my heartbreak when the Brothers W. had a hand in brokering the sale to Pete McManus in 1984. Heartbreak. And its never been the same since.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
                  Oh well, it's his to change as he likes. I think we all need about five more Petie 2nd, Lou IV in blue, and Glamorous Glennis's out here anyway, NOT!

Chris...
                  Maybe - someday - someone will go in the opposite direction for John Meyer's aircraft. A "Lambie" P-47D Razorback, or a "Lambie 2" P-51B/C? Or Preddy's a/c for that matter. Until that time comes, I'll settle for 1/48 scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin

Chris...

little guy sticking his tongue out
                    Attached Files

Comment

Oh Gosh,
                      I forgot you guy's painted 'er up like that.
                      It just looks so much better though, I like it...
                      Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead
                        Maybe - someday - someone will go in the opposite direction for John Meyer's aircraft. A "Lambie" P-47D Razorback, or a "Lambie 2" P-51B/C? Or Preddy's a/c for that matter. Until that time comes, I'll settle for 1/48 scale.

Yeah,
                        There are couple of my favorites that don't get used, like Glenn Eagleston's skull and crossbones D Thunderbolt. The POF could do a Bob Johnson Lucky for a while too, maybe another satin job like the A model!
                        We'll have great ideas for when we get ours.
                        Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by King
                          little guy sticking his tongue out

Well, I'll go along with Chris on this one. WAAAAAAY too many Glamorous Glennis's, Old Crow's, Peties, etc.

I'd love to see someone just pick a 'random' pilot from a random squadron...nothing flashy, nothing slathered with kill markings, just a 'john doe' Mustang, flown by some guy who did his tour, survived, and came home....but never had the opportunity to shoot anyone down.

Personally, I'd love to see someone with a B/C model Mustang paint theirs up as Jim Howard's "Ding Hao!"

Comment

Geez guys

the CY paint job again....

Plese splain why "the" paint job is propritery property and all that jazz

yeh im really slow

BMarsh

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                              Well, I'll go along with Chris on this one. WAAAAAAY too many Glamorous Glennis's, Old Crow's, Peties, etc.
                              Well, at least there is only one each with those paint jobs currently.

Like I said before, it took two years for CY to convince the bossman to paint the mustang in his colors. Alot of thought went into it before it was done.

The general public wants to see these kinds of airplanes at the airshow.

toetappyguy!

Comment

Working...
                              X