What are your design ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your design ideas?

Anyone care to share some of their design ideas? Or things you thought would be cool? Ever considered trying to go through with one of your ideas? We all must have dreamt up something cool at one point or another that we thought may take to the skies some day .

Ill start out with one of my first creations I had when I was younger, I thought it would be awesome to make a ducted fan Reno air racer. It would be all carbon fiber and any metal that had to be there would be chrome moly so it would be light. It would be a swept wing design {not too much}. Then it would have twin ducted fans {for more power and reliability, if one goes out you can limp through with one left} powered by twin supercharged 305 chev's. That would keep me under the 650 max cubic inches for sport class. I realise this would never happen but it was fun to learn with while designing.

Anyone else got one? Or is this completely

Steve
    Late Night Hobby Designer

Re: What are your design ideas?

Stevey,

This is a good question.

Good ideas go long way.

I may have had too many ideas over the years.

One thing to do is to choose one and go for it.

The problem for me was how to choose between a pusher and a tractor design.

I just found this; http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=80691

People discussing pros and cons of those two.

I think that if you ever wanna go faster than 540 mph with a prop it would have to be a pusher.

Stanford data shows that a pusher lay out has potential to go really fast. Seek for DART in the web and you'll find a serious study.

Most of my designs are day dreams but recently a bitter more specific about it. This is not a racer ( yet ) but economical 2-seater.

I think I have discovered that a pusher can be made really small ( ok bd-5 already showed this ) and this could be crucial when determing the drag ( speed and endurance gains of this ).

My 2 cents !
    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
    X