• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Wayne ...

You just deleted the whole thread??

Neal

Re: So Wayne ...

Dang! And I didnt even get a chance to make copies!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman

Neal
      Yes I did. It became irrelevant once the original shots were removed. Your posts described something not there, red x's is all that showed once a page refresh was done.

Why leave it?

On reading my response, a bit of further explanation necessary for those who didn't read the thread... Neal posted some photos via links in a message, he then deleted the photos (outside hosting) due to copyright violation fears.. On Neal's request, I deleted an example of his work that I'd "branded" for him as well.. .all of which left the thread bare of the photography that sparked it in the first place.

My policy is to delete messages where there is de-linked embedded photography due to the fact that the messages are archived both by the message board software and the search engines and my thoughts that it's misleading to searchers to locate a message or thread, only to find that the "meat" of the subject that brought them is gone.

IMHO, it's akin to "selling" a book and then coming back later and cutting out all the pictures.. Not to mention that it makes the page which the photos were located look a bit like a POS, poorly written site... (broken images are really a thing that twists my nipples)

Zat make it clearer?

Wayne

PS.. Neal... I'll send you the brand so you can show ownership. If you upload photos to here (then displayed with the thumbnail) I generally track referrals to the site.. which show when photos have been "lifted" to be on display elsewhere, so there is some measure of protection there. Also suggest if you are concerned about print usage of the photos, put them up in, say under 500px wide at 72 dpi.. it would be very hard to get anything but a very grainy wallet sized photo print from a file of this size but would still let the visitors know that you have some spectacular archives.
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I didn't get a chance to figure out how to put the copyright logo on my pix using PS. Any chance you could explain that one again?

Comment

i learned to apply copyrights to my photos by watching this video

Photoshop Copyright

There are several other video tutorials on you tube some are a little easier to follow that others.
          a&p

Comment

Working...
          X