Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to design a R/C P-51D could it be yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to design a R/C P-51D could it be yours?

Hello all, My name is John Putnam and me and the company I work for (Aeroworks... you can also see our ARFs at Aero-works.net) are going to be coming out with a 85" ws P-51D. We would however like to model it after a real Mustang weather or its a reno racer or not. We would also like to get a great deal of photos and close help with the owner of the P-51 and maybe even come have him sign the planes him self or do something custom for our customers. Anyone on here that may fly R/C planes probably knows who we are (as we have been around for 15 years) and mostly deal with aerobatic planes/styles of flying. However since I have been a part of the company and started working there we have been looking to do a line of scale warbirds. I have been around air racing for the past 16 years watching Strega rip up the skys with Rare Bear and Dago Red. etc. I also have and fly R/C warbirds myself and do a bit of R/C air racing and have been doing so for just as long as I have been into the real Reno Racers.

If you would like to get ahold of me please feel free to call me at....
    303-366-4205 Please ask for John
    My emails are ssosaleen@yahoo.com or Info@Aero-works.net ATTN: John

Thank you for your time
    John@Aero-Works

P.S please feel free to post your ideas and comments or questions.

Re: Looking to design a R/C P-51D could it be yours?

Miss Ashley II would be awesome but it would be a lot more work than a P-51 to get it right. (Lear Wing and tail, cleaned up -51 fuse)

Don

Comment

Thats sounds really cool... But I want to know Mr John.. WHEN WILL THE .90-1.20 YAKS be in... lol yeah i preordered one can't wait to get it. As for the Mustang i bet you can find someone on here with a great idea

Wyatt H
      W.Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
        Miss Ashley II would be awesome but it would be a lot more work than a P-51 to get it right. (Lear Wing and tail, cleaned up -51 fuse)

Don

That would be cool but the wing could be done but would be very hard to make it right as you said.

John

Comment

Originally posted by RRMERLIN7
          Thats sounds really cool... But I want to know Mr John.. WHEN WILL THE .90-1.20 YAKS be in... lol yeah i preordered one can't wait to get it. As for the Mustang i bet you can find someone on here with a great idea

Wyatt H

Hey Wyatt, The Yaks will be in at the end of the month...If you like you can call me tomorrow if you need to? Nice to see a Aero-Works customer on here

Comment

Hello John
            My suggestion would be to do the Stiletto. I would like to see it in the Red,White and Black paint job. I think it would be a hit,what can I say been a fan for years. Since nobody came out with a kit I built my own in 1/8 scale with retracts and a powerful Rossi .45 S it was a hoot to fly. I have started to do a big one utilizing a modified Top Flite 1/5 scale arf but if somebody comes out with a nice one I might be tempted to buy.
            Juan
            Attached Files

Comment

I would like to see a model of Strega built. I already have a MRC Voodoo with a 91 Saito, it's been 120 on the radar. If you build we will buy them.

Thanks Jody

Comment

As much as I'd like to see a racer done as a model, I think the bigger market might be in a more stock mustang. If you are going to do ARF's with paint schemes done, Ridge Runner would be a popular one for many. Heck, then one could overpower it and chop the wings if they wanted a psuedo-racer.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara
                  As much as I'd like to see a racer done as a model, I think the bigger market might be in a more stock mustang. If you are going to do ARF's with paint schemes done, Ridge Runner would be a popular one for many. Heck, then one could overpower it and chop the wings if they wanted a psuedo-racer.

Michael

I love all P-51Ds, but what the model market really misses is a P 51 H.

I think STEVO owns the credits to that pic.
                  Attached Files
                  http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am a happy customer of yours, your electric BD-5 is awsome! I also like your stick practice planes, but I think you should make some fighter and jet versions of them.

I think a P-51D in the markings of the 352nd FG. would be awsome.
                    Tony

Comment

How about a stock -51D kit/ARF with instructions/add on kits to make a H, Stilleto, MAII, generic racer, etc. Maybe it could also be offerred as an ARF/RTF in a variety of configurations and schemes ($$$).

Comment

Hello John
                        I have to respectfully disagree with the guys.There are all ready big P-51 From Pica,Top Flite and Hangar 9. I think a P-51 Stiletto at 1/5 scale would be great specially if it has Clipped wings and is stressed to handle a big engine. You could make the kit/ARF with the small racing canopy and give the option of having the radiator scoop or build with out it. That way it could be built as Stiletto,Strega,Something else,Voodoo or any other racing P-51 that had the clipped wings and small canopy. Also various stickers to depict the different models would be great.
                        Here is a picture of the one from 1/5 scale Top Flite That I`m modifying. It has the small racing canopy,Clipped elevator,Scoop removed ,Fuselage aft section Reinforced And firewall also reinforced. I have already clipped the wings but have no photo. still have a lot of work to do.
                        Juan
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky
                          I am a happy customer of yours, your electric BD-5 is awsome! I also like your stick practice planes, but I think you should make some fighter and jet versions of them.

I think a P-51D in the markings of the 352nd FG. would be awsome.

Thanks for the kind words! Im happy you like your BD..... I know some guys in cali are racing them and gettin too 124mph with them lil ****s. lol I will have to keep that in mind about the 352nd FG

Comment

Originally posted by juan
                            Hello John
                            I have to respectfully disagree with the guys.There are all ready big P-51 From Pica,Top Flite and Hangar 9. I think a P-51 Stiletto at 1/5 scale would be great specially if it has Clipped wings and is stressed to handle a big engine. You could make the kit/ARF with the small racing canopy and give the option of having the radiator scoop or build with out it. That way it could be built as Stiletto,Strega,Something else,Voodoo or any other racing P-51 that had the clipped wings and small canopy. Also various stickers to depict the different models would be great.
                            Here is a picture of the one from 1/5 scale Top Flite That I`m modifying. It has the small racing canopy,Clipped elevator,Scoop removed ,Fuselage aft section Reinforced And firewall also reinforced. I have already clipped the wings but have no photo. still have a lot of work to do.
                            Juan

Hello John, Your T/F is looking awesome! I did a 1/7 just like your doing and it was clocked at 171MPH with a YS 1.20 in it. I would like to speak with you a little more one on one and a couple tips from you if you dont mind? Please give me a call at the shop tomorrow if you can 303-366-4205

On a Lighter note I think what we are really looking to so is a WWII plane that we can speak with the pilot and or owner of the plane and both. We really want to make this as scale as we can for our first warbird. And since I am as big into Air Racing as all of you I am working on getting Rocco (the owner) to design the ARF QB (Quick Build) to take a racing canopy and a few other cool things.

Thanks
                            John@Aero-Works.

Comment

Working...
                            X