10D or Digital Rebel XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10D or Digital Rebel XT

I have been looking since last Sept for a good deal on a highish end digital SLR camera. I have found recently a great deal on a 10D, and Digital Rebel. I would be buying the body only, I'll buy the glass later as budget allows. Both units are new in box, with an extra battery, and extra memory cards. Which would you experts recomend between the two?

Re: 10D or Digital Rebel XT

Hi there, the message title says Digital Rebel XT, but the body of the post just mentions a Digital Rebel, what model rebel is it, also, the 10D was originally announced over 4 years ago, and the orginal Digital Rebel over 3 1/2 years ago. Also, the original Digital Rebel used pretty much the same internal hardware as the 10D, but the firmware was majorly crippled, and the buffer is smaller than the 10D, plus the frame rate of the 10D is slightly better, now the 20D was announced August 04, and you may be able to find a 20D or even a Digital Rebel XT (eos 350D) at pretty good prices brand new, and these cameras both have more upto date technology and are a little faster.
    Having said that though, I still use a Digital Rebel and it still produces excellent pics after having over 15,000 frames taken with it.
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

It is an XT.

Comment

I love my 10 mp XTI

Now all i have to do is figure out all its tricks

Comment

From a technology standpoint id take the XT, but one of the biggest things would be to put a lens on both cameras and hold them like you would shoot them, because i believe that if a camera feels good in the hands and the controls are easy to get to, then thats a major plus in the decision making.
          I personally use a Digital Rebel, and when i bought it, there was a REbel XT beside it, i ended up choosing the REbel because it felt much better in the hands than the XT, and now a little more than 12 months after purchasing, I've shot nearly 15,000 frames on my Rebel and its fantastic, ive even had an image published from it.
          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I bought the XT today. As soon as I get some good glass I'll see what I can do with it.

Comment

Working...
            X