Blue Skies - Julie Farinha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Skies - Julie Farinha

I know this is very personal and I've anguished all day over this... but I have to post this message.

It is with a great deal of sadness that I report that my good friend Chris Farinha's wife passed suddenly yesterday.

Chris is left with a huge hole in his heart and two teen aged children.

You all know Chris here as Dial Tapper. He served on the Critical Mass team and last year was Crew Chief for SteadFast

My heart is just sick right now, I can not begin to express my grief for this good man's loss!

I'm so very sorry Chris... you have many friends, we all pray for you...

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Blue Skies - Julie Farinha

Dial Tapper, we may just be funny names on a screen but we feel and pray for you and your family.

Comment

Julie was a rarity among aviation spouses. Very content to let Chris be Chris and very supportive of his intense love of aviation. She actually enjoyed catching up with those friends she only saw at Reno every September.

Quick Story:
      A few years ago, A member of the Reno Week Only part of the crew took me aside to point out Chris + Julie's 2 young children crawling all over and around #10 in the pits. "They might fall off the wing or run into the very sharp gear door," he said, "and their mother is sitting in the shade of the trailer, unconcerned." I assured him that they had been doing that for the past 11 months whenever Chris was at the hangar working on the Fury and that he'd get used to it.

Julie was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

TJ Dwelle

Comment

TJ, thanks for posting... I'm SO glad you guys are there for Chris!!!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

We're here for you too Wayne. Hope you're OK.

Julie will be in my prayers tonight, Chris. God bless you all.

Comment

Tommy pretty much said it all. I'm having a hard time with words this week but Chris, Zach and Aly know how I feel. This is a terrible, terrible thing.

Julie was a very special woman.

Ken Dwelle

Comment

Hello - Please forgive my intrusion on this forum. I wanted to make a contribution as a friend of Julie. I've known her since we were in elementary school. She moved to Auburn after our freshman year in high school. I used to take Grey Hound to come up and visit her. We went to each other's weddings and our kids are the same age. I let our dear friendship drift away these past few years although Juile never did. I'm sad I let our friendship drift away. This life is so fragile. If there is a special someone out there that you've let drift away, in memory of Julie, take some time to reach out to him/her and reconnect. I wish I had with Julie. I've learned a strong lesson in her death - Nicki

Comment

Nikki,

Will you be at the service on Saturday?

TJ

Comment

On behalf of my family I would like to thank everyone for there support.

Thank you for the calls, PM's and e-mails.

For the last 27 years Air Racing has been a large part of not just my life, but my families also.

And it will continue to be.

Thank you.

Chris.
                  AKA DT

Comment

Working...
                  X