Santa Rosa Dreamin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Rosa Dreamin'

So, I think I may be down to Santa Rosa for a few days. I was just kind of curious about what there is to do there, what kind of warbird activity is there at STS. I'm thinking Steadfast is there? Anybody wish to comment on the doins in that immediate area? I will be down there as a Mtx babysitter for Horizon Air when we start service next week between STS/LAX and STS/SEA. Just curious. I'm thinkin wine tasting? HELP ME MR WIZARD!
    Never mind. Maybe next year

Re: Santa Rosa Dreamin'

you could always check out Pacific Coast Air Museum:

"climb aboard" a Tweet this weekend... and home of Lady Jo!

wine tasting is everywhere around there. Napa is right over the hills, too.

cb

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
      I will be down there as a Mtx babysitter for Horizon Air when we start service next week between STS/LAX and STS/SEA.
      OMG - dash 8 or regional jet? I hope you guys aren't wanting to get to altitude very quickly
      Mark K....

Comment

Hi, yeah we fly Lady Jo out of STS. PCAM is a fun thing to walk through or you can walk around the hangars and you will see a very busy work party getting STEADFAST airborne for April. Come on by.
        Will

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
          OMG - dash 8 or regional jet? I hope you guys aren't wanting to get to altitude very quickly
          Hey Mark, Long time no see.
          Q400 as far as I know. Is there a speed limit for low altitude routes HAH! Q400 is a pretty quick ride, and takes no time to get to altitude. (As opposed to the Q200). Don't know really what the climbout plans are.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteside
            Hi, yeah we fly Lady Jo out of STS. PCAM is a fun thing to walk through or you can walk around the hangars and you will see a very busy work party getting STEADFAST airborne for April. Come on by.
            Will
            Thanks for the invite Will. I will check in with you for sure. Maybe I can give you a hand with something? I have skills I should have quite a bit of spare time during the day. Not too many flights to deal with. So I'll drop in early next week. Probably Tuesday.
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by p51flyby42
              you could always check out Pacific Coast Air Museum:

"climb aboard" a Tweet this weekend... and home of Lady Jo!

wine tasting is everywhere around there. Napa is right over the hills, too.

cb
              Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Should have some spare time to kill between flights. I saw the museum I think in an aerial view on Mapquest. Looks like an interesting little place.
              Bill

Comment

Q400 as far as I know. Is there a speed limit for low altitude routes HAH! Q400 is a pretty quick ride, and takes no time to get to altitude. (As opposed to the Q200). Don't know really what the climbout plans are.
                ARA.. looked at prices to fly to Reno and you guys came up cheapest.. (least expensive ) and according to the site, you guys are flying the Q all the way from PDX to RNO??

How high that thing fly? I remember back in the "old days" flying one of the old 737's that didn't get real high.. we got our arses kicked all the way down cause we never really got out of the tops...

Might make for some instersting hour and a half/two hour flights! (I like bumps!)

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  ARA.. looked at prices to fly to Reno and you guys came up cheapest.. (least expensive ) and according to the site, you guys are flying the Q all the way from PDX to RNO??

How high that thing fly? I remember back in the "old days" flying one of the old 737's that didn't get real high.. we got our arses kicked all the way down cause we never really got out of the tops...

Might make for some instersting hour and a half/two hour flights! (I like bumps!)

Hi Wayne,
                  24-25k tops. The reason is that we are limited by FAR's. We don't have drop down masks. An option that Horizon didn't take. I believe the Q400 is certified to 32k with drop downs. Time to climb is one of the best for TP's in it's class. So, they get up over the crap pretty quick. They also have nice long flexible wings so the ride is generally smooth and quiet(Q400 Q=quiet). I flew in and out of RNO quite a bit last summer when I was working in there. I've had a lot rougher flights in other types. Additionally, they are fast. We can take off from SEA or PDX same time as our competition in 737's and land at the same time or sooner in GEG. We get to our cruise altitude sooner and cruise is over 400. Funniest thing I ever heard was ATC asking brand x in a 737 to speed up for separation from us. HAH!
                  F-27's in "the old days" were like you said. We called them affectionately "the bombers". They flew low and slow and carried huge loads. They were great for passengers on a nice day because the windows were huge and the lower part of the window was below the centerline of the fuselage so you could see downward. It was great for flying past St Helens, Rainier, and Mt Hood. Our pilots loved doing the site seeing routine. Still do, although not as much. They were a pig to work on but they made Horizon some money at the start. Here we are 25 years later and doing great.

Comment

[B] I have skills
                    And we know that chicks dig skills......num-chuck skills, computer hacking skills, bow hunting skills.....

Comment

If your guys are gonna do 2000 to 2500ft/min - then it won't be too much a problem. Less then that - you are lible to get some creative vectorting to get you above all of the OAK/SFO/SJC arivals. Above FL180, that's a pretty congested part of the skies. Seeing that your capped at FL240/250 - it may very well make things quite interesting around OAK going south to LAX. It's all good though - I like a challenge
                      Mark K....

Comment

Hey Mark......did morehouse retire? Haven't seen or heard from him in awhile?

Craig
                        "Cover Me... My Gun's Jammed"

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                          And we know that chicks dig skills......num-chuck skills, computer hacking skills, bow hunting skills.....
                          2 out of 3 ain't bad You choose, HAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                            If your guys are gonna do 2000 to 2500ft/min - then it won't be too much a problem. It's all good though - I like a challenge
                            Easy enough and fairly standard in the Q400. But, if you want, I could tell them that you are looking for a challenge Mark. Make their climbout a little shallower. HAH!

Comment

Originally posted by race21
                              Hey Mark......did morehouse retire? Haven't seen or heard from him in awhile?

Craig
                              He's still working there at the center, but as a Lockeed employee now. He seems to be really enjoying it - it was a good career move for him. He's been involved in the ATOPs oceanic control system integration for the last 4 years or so.
                              Mark K....

Comment

Working...
                              X