Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POF Airshow 2007

Here's a good excuse to be in Chino on May 19th and 20th:

Three P-38's in formation!! Figure one will be the museum's own "23 Skidoo", but the other two....maybe "Glacier Girl"? And......?

Ought to be quite the show..
    Mark Johnson
    Strega Fan since 1997

Re: POF Airshow 2007

I'm planning on bringing you all a pre-show report
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Sounds good Victor. I'm really looking forward to seeing those Lightnings in the air. Should be something..
      Mark Johnson
      Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

I've been waiting for the info to be posted on the air show site, but since I'm not very patient I'll ask here.
        We are thinking of going, and will fly in commercially from Seattle or Vancouver, BC.
        What airport do we fly into? Is it Ontario? Are there other options that aren't too far away? What about hotels? Do we need a car?
        thanks!!

Comment

Ontario is closest, and yes, you'll want a car

Comment

Glacier Gal and the POF P-38's are two of the planes, whose will be the third? Thanks in advance

Comment

haven't heard any details at the volunteer meetings, but if I do, I'll post here

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Cain
                Glacier Gal and the POF P-38's are two of the planes, whose will be the third? Thanks in advance
                I think the third is Put Put Maru, she has been flight testing the last couple of days in Fla.

Comment

The third one is due to be Jack Croul's (the ex-Museum of Flying and Bill Lyons one)

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. That is the aircraft I heard was being readied in FLA, I just had the wrong name with it.

Comment

The one in Florida is Tom Blair's, which also being overhauled ready to fly again soon (at Stallion 51). With the Red Bull one at Ezell's, we should have 5 flyable P-38s by the end of the year (up from 2 earlier this week)!

Comment

Thanks guys, looking forward to it. Time to go back to lurking mode.

Comment

Working...
                        X