Just Gotta Brag a Little...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Gotta Brag a Little...

Tonight was the 2006 American Boat Racing Association (Unlimited Hydroplanes) Awards Banquet and Annual Meetings in Seattle.

For the second year in a row, our team was awarded "Sponsor of the Year", "Owner of the Year", "Crew of the Year", and "Crew Chief" of the year...as voted on by our peers. This goes along with Owner, Crew, and Crew Chief honors awarded by 'fan vote' earlier this year as well.

Our team ( The U-37 Miss Beacon Plumbing) has taken home a lot of hardware in the last year on the racecourse, but getting the recognition from your peers is extra special. We took home all the major awards from the banquet.

Congrats to Scott Raney, who lurks here but rarely posts anymore (as "Griffonsrule") for taking home the Crew Chief honors. I'm proud that you're my friend, Scott. I'd follow you anywhere.

Brad

Re: Just Gotta Brag a Little...

Well Done....that merits the ol' Bravo Zulu..... After all, isn't that one of the best parts of racin'.....YOU GET TO BRAG!!! (OK, Winnin' is kinda' important, too...)
    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

WELL DONE !!!

B Z (from another fellow squid)
      JUST REMEMBER....
      it aint braggin if you can back it up.

sounds like ALOTTA HARD WORK and skill .......jmho

only one question Mr. speed......where do you spend your september???

because SD and Stead are the same dates. it took me 30 years to finally make it to Reno

Comment

Originally posted by Jim58
        WELL DONE !!!

B Z (from another fellow squid)
        JUST REMEMBER....
        it aint braggin if you can back it up.

sounds like ALOTTA HARD WORK and skill .......jmho

only one question Mr. speed......where do you spend your september???

because SD and Stead are the same dates. it took me 30 years to finally make it to Reno
        My Septembers are spent at Reno...with cell phone in hand, my Crew Chief's number on speed dial. :-) I have only missed Reno ONE TIME to go to San Diego. And though I love the Mission Bay site, it's just 'understood' by the team where I'll be that weekend.

Just ask Neal Nurmi. He was sitting next to me on the pylon bus Sunday afternoon coming in from the Gold race when I got the call from the dock saying we'd just won the UIM World Championship.

Comment

Congrats to ALL of the team. A fantastic and talented group of sportsmen.
          It was announced yesterday that there will be Thunder on the River in the Tri-Cities this year. It was up in the air right up to the "drop dead" date.
          See ya there. The "ground support" offer is always there.
          Betty

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
            My Septembers are spent at Reno...with cell phone in hand, my Crew Chief's number on speed dial. :-) I have only missed Reno ONE TIME to go to San Diego. And though I love the Mission Bay site, it's just 'understood' by the team where I'll be that weekend.

Just ask Neal Nurmi. He was sitting next to me on the pylon bus Sunday afternoon coming in from the Gold race when I got the call from the dock saying we'd just won the UIM World Championship.

good deal,
            hope to meet you this sept.
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X