i canceled my charter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i canceled my charter

i just cancled my charter high speed they were charging me 10 more because i didnt have cable so i switch to clere wirleless and i am liking it Shawn

Re: i canceled my charter

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
    i just cancled my charter high speed they were charging me 10 more because i didnt have cable so i switch to clere wirleless and i am liking it Shawn
    Shawn, I'm forced to use Charter because I live in a low population area. Actually, I'm pretty lucky to even have cable or broadband, there are so few people living out here!

It's probably because the hotels wanted it enough to push it, as well as potential future growth that they even bothered..

What I DON'T like is that the upload speed of the normal package is really low and I have to upload a lot of stuff all the time so I have to buy their 10meg or 6meg package.. (can't remember which it is) so that the upload speed is only capped to 1meg (it's something like 256k otherwise!)

The other part of Charter that I don't like out here is that they don't offer HD channels and I now (like most of us) have an HD TV!

I could continue to gripe about them... I have never seen the download speeds I pay for.. (usually closer to 3meg, if that)

Anyway.... Glad you have options! I expect broadband will be in nearly every home someday! As a web developer, I'll give a big thumbs up to that!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Waaaa.

At least you two have HS DSL/Cable. I've waited 10 years at 53Kpbs for anyone, ANYONE to come into our area. Veri(clueless)zon-ed still won't turn it on in our area, even though they placed the intermediate equipment with a mile. Comcast can't come in and are all around us, because we're in Millennium territory. We thought about Hughes, but that still requires a land line for upload.
      So I had to turn to Sprint Mobile Data. I purchased it in December. I had to beg the outlet to let me get it because they believed that I couldn't get reception in my area. (they believe only in their website coverage maps) Except that I'm on a bluff facing the Olympic Peninsula, which DOES have it.
      It worked great, but wouldn't interconnect to my Linux server. After 3 weeks of fighting the wife over whose laptop to connect it to, guess what?
      A guy showed up rooting around in my front yard and hooking up Millennium HS broadband. Whohoo! I took the Sprint back, canceled and got my money back.

NOW, all I have to do is dig a 125 foot trench for the conduit to the street. Yeah, I could have them do it, but guess what? My wife's a gardener and a straight shot through her bulb beds well...nuff said.

Signed,
      Whodude - still waiting for a sunny day.

Comment

You could run a sleeve UNDER her bulb bed and she'd never see a change. Lot's of ways to do it.
        I just use the LAN my homeowner's association provides, total fees are only $13 a month. It is'nt the fastest but I don't need that myself. The option in my area is Charter, and I don't want to pay for cable I don't use...
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
        X