Air Racing on National Geo RIGHT NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Racing on National Geo RIGHT NOW!

Show was listed as Air Shows but it's covering air racing!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Air Racing on National Geo RIGHT NOW!

Arrrr... looks like it's focusing on wrecks....

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Interesting show, some good footage, definitely leaned toward the sensational...

In the end, I guess we can quote Mae West.. "any publicity is good publicity"...

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I caught only the last 3 minutes, but it's coming on again in a couple of hours (11pm EST), same channel.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          Interesting show, some good footage, definitely leaned toward the sensational...

In the end, I guess we can quote Mae West.. "any publicity is good publicity"...
          Not to bad from my perspective........Twombly's accident was a little over used for a fatal accident.

Comment

Originally posted by King
            Not to bad from my perspective........Twombly's accident was a little over used for a fatal accident.
            That one and others does bring to mind the tantalizing potential of a recovery system like on the Cirrus..

Before anyone jumps on me for saying this... I'm well aware of all the arguments for not doing something of this nature.. not to mention the sheer impractibility of retrofitting it to warbirds..

Still... is something that certainly sparks thought process..

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

THAT was a terrible year for air-racing.......I was at Phoenix for the Super Corsair crash...........then on to Reno and Bill Spear in the Mustang and soon after Ralph in the T-6................not a good year. At least Kevin came out good in the end.

Comment

There was some really good footage in it though. The stuff with Tsumnami was great, right up to the point where the left gear failed. There was even a shot of the Pond Racer.

That was the first time I've actually seen any footage on Twombly's incident. The video footage looks a lot different from where it was shot compaired to where I saw it from, directly underneath. My Dad and I were coming down Silver Knolls right when they were coming down the chute. The whole thing went down right over our heads. Longest 30 seconds of my life.

That incident was what gave me my opinion on the safety of this sport. While it is never going to be "safe", it still seems it could be a lot "safer". The subject always seems to be a little taboo on this site, but I still feel it should be talked about much more than it seems it is. The recovery system definitely make me go hmmm.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
                  That incident was what gave me my opinion on the safety of this sport. While it is never going to be "safe", it still seems it could be a lot "safer". The subject always seems to be a little taboo on this site, but I still feel it should be talked about much more than it seems it is. The recovery system definitely make me go hmmm.
                  Much of the warbird community appears to have a natural aversion to institutionalized flight safety, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X